Tyler Lewis - Sophomore Transfer

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,908
    [align=center]Tyler Lewis
    Sophomore Point Guard - 5'11" 170 lbs
    Statesville, North Carolina
    North Carolina State Transfer

[​IMG]

Career Stats

[/align]

2. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
    Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 3m
    Tyler Lewis is transferring from North Carolina State.

Contributing Point Guard this year, but pretty small.

Lewis was actually a McDonald's All American coming out of Oak Hill, so he may get some blue bloods after him too.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  3. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    I live in North Carolina and I must say everytime I watch this kid I am very impressed. He is small but plays with a ton of heart. I would love to get him.

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,908
    I only saw them a couple times, but I remember thinking that Lewis is what I was hoping we were getting in Aldridge.

5. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    Tyler Lewis. from NC state. Think Butler has a GREAT shot at him.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,693
    Is that based on anything or is it just a desire? I'd love to have him too.

7. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    both

8. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Lewis was phenomenal in the tournament. Of course it helps having a volume scorer as they did but his management of the game and assists were terrific. Would LOVE to have him.

9. Graves4

Graves4 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I really liked Lewis when he was coming out of high school. I think he still has a lot of potential, BUT he did only average 4.4 points last year. I know he only played about 20 minutes a game, but his shooting percentage was very low (34.6% from the field and 23.4% from 3-point). I think because of his ability to create on the offensive end of the floor (averaged close to 4 assists per game last year) he would be a nice player to have on Butler's roster, but I'm not sure how much scoring he could provide.

In my opinion, BMill needs to find another scorer. Preferably, a big guy that could give us 10-12 PPG. I would love to get Trevor Thompson, but I don't see him coming to Butler (too many bigger name programs in the mix). The one guy I think Butler should really take a look at is Sean Obi. Last year as a freshmen at Rice, the kid averaged 11.4 PPG while shooting 59.1% from the field and he also averaged 9 rebounds a game. I think Obi is under the radar, plus he's from Nigeria so going somewhere closer to home isn't a factor.

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,693
    Joe Giglio ‏@jwgiglio 1h
    Possible transfer options for Tyler Lewis: Butler, Davidson, Vanderbilt, Dayton, UAB and Xavier

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,219
    Full Transfer List
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ry-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

Top Twelve Transfers
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post?id=3550

"12. Tyler Lewis, 5-11, PG, Soph., North Carolina State Wolfpack

The former McDonald’s All American would be best-served to find a quality mid-major program where he can thrive. He played about 20 minutes per game this past season as a sophomore, but the writing was on the wall that this was Cat Barber’s team next year."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,571
    Tyler is listed at 5' 11" but that has to be a stretch ( pun intended). However this kid can handle the ball. Tremendous passer. I enjoyed watching him play but I would think he would have difficulties on the defensive end particularly in a HM conference. Too bad he wasn't bigger and stronger.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,571
    Wouldn't doubt it. The kid has tremendous court vision and court presence. He surely must have been an outstanding high school player. My main concern is his size. He would though be fun to watch with the right compliment of players on the floor.

14. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    I think with a year off he could be a very good starting point guard.

15. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,219
    Needs a jump shot. The McD AA is a bit misleading at least when I think of McD AA's

16. HattMoward

HattMoward New Member

Money:
    $22
    Lewis would be an excellent option without the year off, so the time will only make him that much better. As I watched him pick apart the Xavier defense in the First Four game, I was reminded of someone with the creativity and court vision of AJ Graves, but a more athletic version. I know he struggled in the SLU game, but with Cat back in the lineup, I don't think he got into the rhythm of the game with the minutes allotted, unlike the X game.

He would be a huge get IMHO.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,571
    I can see the comparison to Graves but not sure that he is more athletic than Graves. He did pick apart Xavier. Size is a major concern for me.

18. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Why is size a concern? He destroyed Xavier and Tennessee. Bryce cotton is a shrimp and he destroyed the big east. We need floor leaders, penetrators, and guys that can pass the ball. We haven't had a guy like that since a Mike Green. Lewis would be terrific get.

19. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
    Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 1m
    Butler is school to beat for Tyler Lewis. Purdue Gonzaga, Minnesota, Xavier GWU , UNCC , UAB amongst others recruiting him.

20. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,612
    Holtmann's NC connections have to be paying off here. Would be nice to have an experienced point step in and run the show in 2015, with a freshman (hopefully Bolden) being able to learn under him.