Tyler Lewis - Sophomore Transfer

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 25, 2014.

1. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Massive pickup. Major props to Brandon and co. Hopefully the start to a terrific offseason. I hope to be eating crow all offseason.

2. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Suck it Miller haters.

3. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    The team had a losing record in his first year, had major disciplinary issues, and got worse as the season went along.

Certainly they have done a good job so far with this recruiting class, but until now, any criticism was well deserved. I am glad things are looking up!

Nobody wants Miller to fail.

4. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    Yes yes yes yes yes

5. sammysnead22

sammysnead22 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Very good news. This pick up will make 2014/2015 all the more bearable. Great score for the program.

6. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Classy.

7. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,566
    I agree

8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Much of the criticsm was completely over the top. Hopefully the Lewis commit and hopefully a few more dominos to fall will quiet the naysayers. Maybe they will temper the negative pronostications and schoolgirl gossip moving forward. Only makes them look foolish.

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Like to think so but I have my doubts.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  10. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    Pumped we got our PG of the future. It's been a while since we've had a playmaking pg. Year off should be huge for him and hopefully he can develop his 3 pt shot.

This has to be huge in the eyes of other recruits...getting a big-time transfer even after the dreadful season. Shows that things are still headed in the right direction. Speaking of which, does anyone know if the rumors that we "lead" for Eron Harris have substance? I am drooling at the thoughts of having a PG like Lewis surrounded by two lethal shooters/scorers like Harris and Dunham.

11. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Castro has officially been upgraded.

It's a great day to be a Bulldog.

12. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    He intrigued me in the play-in game and l was impressed - then seemed to disappear in the actual tournament. Excited to have him on the roster though....adding bodies is more fun than subtracting them.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    He had 8 points in a loss to St. Louis along with 6 assists and 7 turnovers.

14. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Your first sentence was correct.

15. jziemer

jziemer New Member

Money:
    $5
    Very excited about this.

16. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Yeah, he just seemed gassed after the play-in game and it really seemed to affect his play in the tournament.

17. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    Hell yes! Big props to Coach Miller. Targeted Lewis immediately. Got him on campus quickly. Slammed the door on the field and gave them a big middle finger through the window.

Now go get Harris and Davis and let's finish this!

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The chance to play in a system with more pick-and-roll plays and screens for the point guard was also an important part of the decision, Lewis said.

“I think it’s the right place for me,” Lewis said.

------------

That's a really good point by Lewis about the number of ball screens we run. I watched him vs X and he makes really good decisions with the ball. I thought Butler did a really poor job collectively in finding guys in position to score this year. Our offense bogged down a lot to one on one activity. I could see Butler running more in the next few years too, which would utilize Lewis' open court passing. His size is a concern defensively though and he has to become more of an offensive option, but he has a whole year off to work on his game.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    https://twitter.com/Coach_Rick57

----------

fyi...If you didn't know Tyler's Dad is Rick Lewis, who runs an incredibly good recruiting site called Phenom Hoop Reports.

20. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482