Tyler Lewis - Sophomore Transfer

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 25, 2014.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Ari Kasle @AKasle_BU · 4h
    After watching open gym yesterday, I can say with 100% confidence that Tyler Lewis is the best point guard I have ever seen in person

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
  4. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    Can we move Tyler to the current players area? He looks awful lonely in the 2014 sub.

5. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,169
    Can't wait to see him play next season. Would it be accurate to think that having him in practice, along with having Rosie back, has helped bring the guard play up at both ends of the floor this season?

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I'd say that's very fair and to be honest, I see a different type of swag with Barlow this year than I ever have. I believe that could be from going up against such a great player in practice.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Chris Holtmann ‏@ChrisHoltmann 10h10 hours ago
    Happy Bday to TLew! He's getting up there-although @AEgentZer0 still has him. November can't arrive too soon for him!

8. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
    Tyler Lewis will get to play in the Athletes in Action tour of the Philippines. Be a great time to knock some of that rust off while getting a great experience.

9. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Ari Kasle ‏@AKasle_BU 9m9 minutes ago
    Haven't seen an official stat line, but was told Tyler Lewis was averaging 10 points and close to 10 assists per game in Philippines

Retweeted by Rick Lewis, so it's probably pretty accurate.

10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
  11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    Three great things I want to see from our PG the next two years. The blow by and one. The contested three as time expires. And the no look dish for an easy hoop.

Now if he can only D up, then we are golden. :)

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Ari Kasle ‏@AKasle_BU 4h4 hours ago
    Butler fans should be pumped for Tyler Lewis. He averaged close to 10 assists per game during his time in the Philippines

-------

His handles and quickness with the ball is top notch. Great vision too. I'll be interested in seeing how he defends. Chris may platoon Lewis/Gathers in games where the defensive matchup for Lewis is rough. And we can always go BIG at times and play Rose at the point and Dunham and Martin at the 2 and 3. That's a lineup I really want to see us explore some in 15-16.

One of the best things about this upcoming season IMO. Chris has more options to mix and match. Alot more versatility, especially if Davis can really blossom and be a rotational player.

13. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
    CH switches it up, would expect to see some zone with TL this year

14. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I hope not. This team is way too slow to run zone and it's a lazy mans defense anyways. Run man and keep the physical game up like butler is known for

15. Irishdawg

Money:
    $72
    I disagree that he has top notch quickness with the ball. He is a great ballhandler and has excellent vision, but being able to penetrate off the dribble is not something I believe he is particularly strong with. I do think he'll help Butler offensively, especially if he's been able to improve his outside stroke, but I'm not nearly as excited as Ari is about him.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  17. Irishdawg

Money:
    $72
  18. 62dog

62dog New Member

Money:
    $5
    Don't think we will be playing any zone, especially full court zone press. when you press only 5 things can happen and 4 of them are bad.

19. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    I can see BU playing zone at times. Against poorer outside shooting teams. Packing the middle by zoning against much taller teams. If we're getting beaten quite a bit on perimeter by quicker players driving straight to the hoop. Protect players in foul trouble. And dare I say, hiding some of our defensive man-to-man weaknesses. If nothing else, just to change up the defenses and hopefully confuse the offense on some possessions. Lots of good reasons to play zone at times. Holtman played some last year. See no reason why he won't this year.

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    I think more teams will play zone and use full court presses because of the shorter time clock.