Tyler Wideman - 2014 Power Forward (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Mr X, Jul 17, 2013.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,160
  3. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Member

Money:
    $3,084
    About time they recognize the Region!

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Big Cat putting in some work

Butler Womens Soccer
    ‏@ButlerWSoccer
    Back at Hinkle from our road trip It's midnight on a Sat.@ButlerMBB player working to improve his game #TheButlerWay

[​IMG]

5. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,884
    Wideman is easily my favorite player on the team. I can't explain why.

6. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,659
    Not sure I want him working on his threes per se but I love his commitment. He and Martin have the potential to be great next year and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,884
    With Brunk and Fowler, he might be asked to play some 4 next year. If he can hit that jumper on a semi-regular basis, it would make that lineup more of a legitimate option.

8. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,782
    Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 6m6 minutes ago
    5 Big East Breakout Players: K. Yakwe (SJU), P. Booth (Nova), K. Cartwright (PC), V. Singh (SHU), T. Wideman (Butler).

---------------

Kinda an odd choice to include him on this list. Very, very good for us if this happens.

9. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $355
    Woops

10. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
  11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,079
    I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't think he would play at Butler. I thought he was out of shape, too short, had poor footwork, and had nothing outside of a power move inside when I saw him in high school/AAU. I thought he was going to be a waste of a scholarship. He's certainly worked hard and exceeded my expectations.

12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    Ditto, I watched him play in high school and thought this was a wasted scholarship, but he has proved me wrong, and looks to be in the best shape of his life for his senior year. Looking forward to his contributions this year in all areas. What he has done against some of the biggest guys is sometimes remarkable and doesn't always translate in the stats on paper.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    BHayden likes this.
  13. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Member

Money:
    $68
    When he took that three on Saturday, though... I cringed a bit. It was nice to see him that mid-range shot he took.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,697
    Somewhere I read that Omar Lowery was good at coaching bigs. If that is true it may explain why both Wideman and Fowler, at least from the video , appear to be quicker and have better moves around the basket.

BHayden and LA-OC-IE like this.
  15. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $355
    We will need a couple Tyler Wideman's on our roster at all times if we want to continue our success in the Big East.

I hope JGB looks at Tyler and sees that guys his size have a big role to play if they work at it and remain patient

16. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $194
    Coach O was interviewed after the game and talked about working with TW & nate on their footwork, patience and balance. We should give him time w the younger guys. His interview was great.

17. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    ButlerNut, #60, estar20dawg and 3 others like this.
  18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,635
  19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,635
  20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,746
    Well deserved! Big Cat definitely has a future in the bar-bouncer business. He's broken up many skirmishes this season. Probably the best "cooler" since Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse. "Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice."

Shimmy, #60, DawgPoundMac and 2 others like this.