UConn Huskies (5-1, 2-1) at Butler Bulldogs (3-5, 2-3), Saturday, 1/9, 4:00 PM EST (CBSSN)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 7, 2021.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    UConn is back in the BEast.

UConn only loss on season is a 2 point loss to Creighton.

Butler looked better against Georgetown. Having AT back was a huge shot in the arm.

These teams have met exactly ONCE in the history of both programs. I don't care to relive that game.

Let's see what happens on Saturday.

GoDawgs

UDDawg likes this.
  2. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $923
    I hope everyone took the under in that one.

3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    Only Butler game I’ve ever turned off before the final buzzer. Absolutely brutal.

Let’s move to 3-0 at Hinkle in conference play.

NCJon and ButlerNut like this.
  4. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life New Member

Money:
    $28
    Sad thing is I had to think for a minute about when the 2 teams last met. Then I was like duh.

NCJon likes this.
  5. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $923
    I did the same thing and then tuned back in for the last minute or so. But enough of reliving the past.

NCJon likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    What many don't remember about that game...we had the lead at halftime. Sigh.

I don't think we'll have the lead this time at half. Watched a lot of Uconn-Marquette the other night. They were asleep for much of the game then snapped it on. Pretty damn good team.

cornette33 likes this.
  7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,525
    Shooting 30% from the floor is crappy. And yet if Butler did that in 2011, they are national champs. Sigh.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,502
    Plus IIRC, Stigall led off the 2nd half with a 3 to push the lead to 6.

PSUButlerFan, Denverdawg and troggy like this.
  9. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    2xDawg likes this.
  10. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,421
    Yup. Shelvin buried a 3 right before half and then Chase hit that. I remember thinking we had all the momentum and were in control...and then yeah. That was a long drive home the next day to Indy.

BulldogsFTW, cornette33 and UDDawg like this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    Just to clarify, this thread is about the UPCOMING game against UConn! :p:cool::confused:;)

12. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $923
    Well, here's one that would be a huge win for Butler. Imagine, they'd be 3-3 in conference play with a win.

ButlerNut likes this.
  13. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,917
    Honestly, and I'm dead serious about this, if BU had beaten SIU...they would be right on the NCAA Tournament early bubble if they were to win against UConn. I don't think BU would ever be "great" this season but we'd still be talking about the best postseason tournament at this point if AT never got hurt. That loss really was a huge resume-killer, especially with playing only two sub-150 teams all year (that would theoretically boost overall record). There aren't *that many* bubble-ish teams that would be better than 5-4 against BU's first nine opponents (including UConn).

I'd guess Dawgs are 4-5 point Dawgs in this one, though.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    jeff, troggy and ButlerNut like this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    Uconn was favored by 1 at Marquette. I'm guessing add a few to that and we'll land around where Lukas said.

I know Uconn>>>>>Gtown but it was fun to get a win and gives you a better feeling going into this tilt than if we were on a losing streak. AT being back was a nice boost for fans and team morale I'm sure.

15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,357
    Any word on Coles?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,917
    He's out at least the next 2.5 weeks. Will be re-evaluated then. Slight meniscus tear.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  17. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,544
    Whaley is going to absolutely destroy Butler down low. UConn is aggressive and athletic. If they weren't UConn, I'd like watching them. Hopefully they sleepwalk through some of the game again, which appears to really be their weakness.

18. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,544
    I will be totally thrilled if I just jinxed him.

19. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,933
    Great to see AT back last night. The surprising contributions/minutes from JMM & especially Hastings were a nice bonus too. Also sounds like CD could be close to seeing the court. Starting to feel a little better about our depth as long as no one else goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,711
    They definitely did Tuesday...first half and some of the second. Hell I had them and turned the game off in disgust...bout 30 minutes later got an alert saying I covered. I was quite pleased.