UConn Huskies (5-1, 2-1) at Butler Bulldogs (3-5, 2-3), Saturday, 1/9, 4:00 PM EST (CBSSN)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 7, 2021.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,848
    DePaul kept it close a lot longer than we did. I was surprised.

2. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,928
    DePaul was up 51-47 with 5:30 to go but was outscored 13-2 down the stretch. This game was close because UConn shot poorly from three(5-18) & the FT line(13-24).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    A junior who started every game last year gets a full year for development? Interesting take

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Dale Denton likes this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,681
    that’s literally the only point of this season. He could be first team all conference and they’d still not be a tournament team.

I know these are difficult concepts.

2xDawg likes this.
  5. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    It was clear UConn was not going to let Bolden get loose. They were guarding him beyond the arc and going over screens to keep him from having time to square up.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    DePaul didn’t score for the last 4 1/2 mins. Woof

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    Why is every post you make you try to sound above whoever you’re talking to? You do it to everyone.
    I disagree that Golden should not get any criticism just because you seem to think it’s a development year only... if so he hasn’t done any development at all just regression

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    he's probably doing it to you because you seem pretty dumb and your commentary sucks

every single post out of you is just "this guy sucks" and "fire these losers"

its even in your handle..."GodawgsXsucks"

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688
    And that had him pressing big time which led to him trying to do too much and when you do that...bad shots and turnovers happen. Hurley had a great game plan to neutralize Butler's best outside threat. He knew his bigs could handle our *bigs* so he keyed in on Bolden. People can say all they want about Hurley, he's a hell of a bench coach.

Also, I do thank DePaul's late game meltdown last night. My bar tab last night thanks them for sure.

10. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $156
    Hmmm, both A-10, Private, Catholic, high academics, geography. When the current “new” Big East was formed we were the only non-Catholic. Dayton and SLU were in the conversation as potential next schools. Maybe not that far fetched.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,681
    If you demonstrate the perspective and articulation of a six year old, you’re going to have things explained to you like a six year old.

Not understanding that no matter what Bryce Golden does this year has absolutely no bearing on anything whatsoever is stupid. It’s also stupid to not be able to see that he is clearly hindered by *something.*

Right now, we have no one who is going to take his minutes. Next year we likely have no one who will take his minutes. So whether he’s horrible or great, it doesn’t make a difference-he’s going to play.

Given that he’s going to play, your posts serve no purpose whatsoever except to whine. This again, isn’t hard to understand. Since you can’t, we need to break it allllll the way down.

The best possible result is that he continuously gets better, which can only occur by letting time happen. If he doesn’t get better, there’s no negative consequences.

I’m not saying that there’s no criticism warranted, but just writing “he sucks” is a waste of everyone’s time, yours included.

12. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,681
    Yeah but so what? There are some area high schools in the Chicago area that check all those “fit” boxes too.

Adding those schools would be expanding just to expand, which at this point, is likely just dilution.

Fit alone doesn’t fulfill strategic mission. If you’re going to add a school it should offer clear and measurable benefit to the existing schools. I can’t for the life of me figure out how an association with St. Louis University better positions Butler University for success.

13. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,342
    Forget Butler, imagine trying to persuade Villanova and Georgetown that adding Saint Louis would benefit their universities. It's well documented that Creighton's relationship with Marquette is what got them in. Saint Louis missed the boat.

dawgs2014 and GodawgsXsucks like this.
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $6,478
    I don't think it would ever happen for a variety of reasons, but if you wanted to add a school with the right "academic profile" it's weird to me more folks don't mention BC.

15. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $156
    Ya, that might be accurate however SLU is an outstanding academic institution, Jesuit, and a darn good basketball history & program. I will add St. Louis might draw some solid alumni support

16. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,006
    I also was under the impression that the expansion door was closed after adding UConn because there wasn't an appetite for going to divisions or an unbalanced schedule for basketball.

Tentozen likes this.
  17. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $6,478
    Yeah, that is my impression too. I want the double round robin -- I do not want divisions. I'm just saying -- BC is the better fit than SLU. Neither will happen though.

godogs91 likes this.
  18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,681
    It may have a darn good history but since the Big Easy restructured their avg Kenpom ranking (including this year) is 146. DePaul, for reference, is 137 in that same time.

Their academic profile better be akin to Harvard if we’re going to add a team that’s worse than what we already have.

19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    If I never again have to see that stupid doctor jumping around like an idiot, I’ll be okay.

pjohnsto2003 and dawgs2014 like this.
  20. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $848
    I wouldn't steer you wrong, but admit I was worried for 35 minutes of that game. In the end, DePaul just did what DePaul does. And UConn plays incredible defense under Hurley.

DePaul used to be very good, a very long time ago. I miss the evenings when my HS coach would take us to little Alumni Hall to watch Blue Demon glory years of Dave Corzine, Mark Aguirre etc. His dad was legendary voice of DePaul at the time -- Red Rush: 'Swisha-roo another 2!' 'Gonnella, it's swella fella' (Italian bread plug). Had to look him up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rush

Apologize for the less than sober post.

ButlerProf, CMG and willisbrown like this.