UConn to Join Big East

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by UDDawg, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,571
    Poor math skills?

Women's tickets were $7 general admission this year. Hinkle seats around 9100. Concessions would have to be insane to make up the difference.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon likes this.
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,585
    That's even assuming a sellout. Maybe that happens once on a novelty basis - and even that seems like a long shot to me - unless Butler's women's team becomes a top 10 program.

UConn women's road sellouts this year were at No. 1 Notre Dame and No. 8 Baylor. They did not sell out at No. 3 Louisville (although the Yum! Center's capacity is huge at 22,000 and they had a more-than-respectable 17,000 at that game) or No. 14 California.

They sold out none of their road games in the American.

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    You guys do realize he was talking about the almost always guaranteed final 4/finals/champions payout block that the big East will receive every year now right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. NCJon

Money:
    $9,585
  5. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,340
    Those two games with SIU were intense. Their fans traveled well to Hinkle in ‘07 and made for a great environment. If I remember right we scored to be down 3 with 50ish seconds left. Lickliter elected to foul and we came up a bit short. In ‘08, AJ’s buzzer beater was incredible. I watched that YouTube video so many times I used to have Dan McLaughlin’s call memorized.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    Uconn just got slapped by the NCAA for their Ollie days. He's been show caused. They've already put into effect some self imposed things, but it looks like they lose a scholly and have to vacate a bunch of wins, two years probation and recruiting restrictions.

7. NCJon

Money:
    $9,585
    The actual violations against UConn are relatively small. Sounds like they found that Ollie lied in the process making it a much bigger deal. Just ask your boy Bruce Pearl.

They should get through the lost scholarship without an issue. They'll be on "probation" in the sense that the new staff has to be on its toes, but otherwise they're already in the clear. No specter of a post-season ban to hurt recruiting.

8. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,085
    St Louis pizza is def a different breed but I’ve had much worse pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,386
    They should be forced to vacate the title in 2011.

10. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    I'm certain that an investigation would carry out our fondest wishes!! It would take more than an investigation to improve our shooting % that night, though.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    This is true. Replace Uconn with a set of chairs and we still lose I'm afraid.

2xDawg likes this.
  12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    BU's gas tank went empty after halftime. UCONN will always be a less than savory program in my book.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292