Unranked and right where we should be.

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by FriarDawg, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,269
    Dropped 3 from the previous poll...

2. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    You're both right. 3 in AP, 5 in Coaches.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $496
    Iowa’s Garza is a beast. Avoid him at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,053
    What do we think 21st now?

I really was hoping to hold top 25 the whole rest if the year but I do fear we will fall out soon and not make it back in before the season ends

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Clevedog

Clevedog Active Member

Money:
    $445
    Sadly, I fear you can kiss the top 25goodbye.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    Four top 25 teams lost today three of which were at home.

7. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

Long time reader, first post ever.....

1. Willis is entertaining and I love how he has made a secondary career for himself based on opinions on this forum
    2. Noltar is a blast from the past
    3. Myself, like many other alumni on this board, thought AT would be our "weakness" heading into the season. We were wrong
    4. pjohnston03 needs to get back to crunching numbers
    5. This is a sweet 16 or elite 8 team. Grateful to have tickets to the Midwest Regional

noltar, Shimmy, thevinrod and 2 others like this.
  8. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $249
    Not knowing AT's long term status with the wrist injury "right where we belong" is out of the top 25...we need to be back to underDawg role for awhile and earn our way back into the rankings starting with Wednesday vs Villanova (otherwise we could easily find ourselves bottom 4 in the conference since the next 3 road games are killers)

9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    Think AT will be back for Nova with some limited minutes. More treatment, more rest and the pain level should allow for play. Hopefully the healing trend continues.

10. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $611
    Is this based on anything more than speculation?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,607
    Yes. Understand it’s more an issue of how much pain is tolerable vs. causing further damage. Initial concern was fracture-its not. If the healing continues on a similar pace could see him getting some minutes Wednesday. But the pain tolerance is the day to day part.

12. ButlerGrad1111

ButlerGrad1111 Active Member

Money:
    $315
    The thing is when butler is 100 percent I think we can beat anyone. Look at Baylor game, so when it comes tournament time I really think we can win 6 in a row.
    The issue is what we are doing now with arguably the most important player out is going to obviously hurt seeding.
    I think the best we can finish realistically is a 3 seed. I think the worst is an 8
    If I was a 1 seed though I wouldn’t want to see butler in the 2mr round that’s for sure

FRENCH DAWG likes this.
  13. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,054
    Bone bruises are tough and very large separations in degrees of severity. Some are just painful and some are very limiting because of placement, how that area is used, oh and shooting up with steroids and pain killers isn't part of the game anymore. (That's a good thing, but old school guys forget things are different now and makes it hard to understand why he isn't back yet.) :eek: ;):p

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    The Dawgs’ success peaked before conference play when our defense was elite and we minimized turnovers. But things changed when we entered the conference schedule for two reasons- familiarity with Butler’s personnel and the lack of a quality bench. Thus it’s going to be a bumpy ride the rest of the way to get to twenty wins and a bid.

znelson15 likes this.
  15. ButlerGrad1111

Money:
    $315
    Or it’s because our best defender fouled out with 10 min remaining and was out the majority of the game. Then he was sidelined for 3 games. Plus the BE is was tougher than the Non conf which was overrated to begin with

MadDawg2020 likes this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    There is truth to the Non Con not being as tough as we thought and AT being out hurt. Even if or when AT comes back it won’t change the bench that much. Instead of playing with five quality players we will have six maybe seven with Baddley. Thus AT has got to stay out of foul trouble which has been happening way too often.

17. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    I think the final tally was 9 of the Top 25 (8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 21, 23 and 25). Only one of those was to a ranked opponent, and at least 3 were at home. I would be very surprised if Butler dropped out. Probably down around 21 or 22.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. ButlerGrad1111

Money:
    $315
    Yes AT needs to be smarter. Also if the bench is going to give us 1 point in over 30 min of gametime we won’t win many games if any.

I don’t think Smits is a BE caliber player at all. Honestly it’s not even close we were desperate and got a big in reality we needed a guard. Disappointing to see maybe I had to high of expectations for him but idk

Insane Dawg likes this.
  19. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,054
    Smits is also still hobbling around bit with the knee. I think it's painful and a little weak. See him wincing and limping quite often after contact and his better moves in the paint. Could have gave us a lot more, but I think he's not quite back 100%. (Noticed it a lot at GT when I could see more than just what the camera shows.)

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $943
    They mentioned on the telecast that he didn’t practice Friday, because it’s still bothering him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops