Wabissa Bede - 2017 Point Guard (Virginia Tech)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,859
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Showtime Nation ‏@ShowtimeNation Feb 21
    2017 Cushing Academy (MA) PG Wabissa Bede (@Wabissa_B11) picks up an offer from VCU.

-------

Really good player. Could have some Butler interest given Ryan Pedon follows him. Bede ran with Mass Rivals(Wenyan Gabriel) the last couple years. Very strong PG that can get to the rack and finish and has a decent outside J. Really tough minded player, physical. Can guard....providence has been after him for quite awhile. I've thought we would see him in the Big East....

3. ButlerBoy

ButlerBoy Member

Money:
    $6
    I've only seen a few highlights of Bede but he reminds me of a bigger Nic Moore. Just a first impression.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Joey Natale ‏@OJElite 7h7 hours ago
    WVU, Virginia, Villanova, Tennesee & DePaul have reached out to '17 Mass Rivals PG Wabissa Bede. VCU & Temple offered him in the winter.

---------

Stiff comp for 2017 PG Wabissa Bede. Terry Johnson follows him on twitter. Bede is really good. Providence has been on him for a long time.

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    Consensus seems to be he's a mid major plus type prospect. Notable offers include Providence and Temple. He's undersized, but he appears to be a very good athlete. Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_JwK-dqR0

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,936
    Bede - super quick and crafty with the ball in his hands. But can he play within a team-oriented system? He did a bit too much "look at me" in that video.

Alex - hate to say this bc the kid is a giant tool, but watching his video reminded me so much of JP Macura. Similar size, similar athleticism, similar skills going to the hole and shooting from outside. Even kind of look the same.

7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Same size except for 5 inches difference

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    Macura is 6-5 and Oconnell is 6-6...did you think he meant bede and Oconnell were the same size?

9. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
    So let me get this straight, during the Spring/April recruiting period????:
    Under Armour/Nike (NYC, Indy): Terry and Pedon
    Adidas (Dallas, ATL): Lewis
    Holtmann floating throughout
    Schragge (this guy really needs a nickname/abbreviation) unemployed, not out recruiting?

This was the assignments during the 2 week, Spring recruiting period? And we don't offer a single HS kid until the end of May? And the first(?) kid we do offer is an Adidas kid? Lewis is gone... I realize Schragge scouted him before at Stanford, but were there no other prospects that anyone on our staff saw that were offer worthy? Idk whether to be more intrigued or upset?

Please inform me of the correct information so that I may correct my erroneous assumptions and change my thinking...

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Thought he meant bede and macura

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,936
    No no. Those two... Their games are nothing alike. Bede and Myles Fox Morrisey.

Foxy and McConnell seem like clones.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,223
    Rivals Nation ‏@RivalsNation Jun 19
    AJ Reeves and Wabissa Bede at the University of Virginia today. #TheRivalsWay

Rivals Nation ‏@RivalsNation Jun 19
    Jimmy, Duke, AJ, David and Bede with their second stop of the day at VCU. The tour continues. #TheRivalsWay

13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $34
    Bede said Butler's one of the schools recruiting him the hardest. Others are UMass, Temple, Rhode Island and LaSalle.

14. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    That list looks beatable. I wonder if we'll play it slow in terms of actually going for a commitment. Bede is a nice player but I'd bet he's behind Barcello and Batts in the pecking order for the PG spot.

15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,452
    You can bet on it.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    If we are really recruiting him among the hardest, I'm not sure how we can do that and at the same time slow play a commitment. I think the staff really wants him. they're seeing something in him most aren't, I suppose, because of the many, many point guards we've been tied to in one way or another, he is the one generating the lowest level of excitement (including for me).

17. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $246
    I'm sure they want him, but would picking him up preclude us from still recruiting above him for someone like Batts? Having two PG options doesn't seem crazy.

18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $34
    Seton Hall offer

19. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,055
    Minnesota as well.

20. SpartanDawgs