Watson Tears ACL

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by UDDawg, Jan 17, 2017.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Watson's done. Torn ACL.

2. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,336
    Just saw the news. Horrible.

3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,625
    It almost makes you sick to your stomach. Feel bad for Watson and the Blue Jays.

4. bulldogs51

bulldogs51 Active Member

Money:
    $170
    Bad for everyone. Really horrible for him. I really question the trainers letting him gimp around for that extra few minutes on the floor after he hurt it the first time. Sometimes you have to save a player from himself.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    For a senior, I would never wish this on anyone...I'm deeply sorry to hear to that especially because I would have loved to have 3 potential Big East Final 4 teams...

6. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644
    Such a great career....over.....absolutely devastating

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,652
    The Big East schedule is a physical grind, big tough players at every junction, BU needs to feel lucky that no one has gone down this year, one key player can be the difference in an entire season turning good or ot good.

bulldogs51 likes this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    You have to feel for the player but also the team and the coach. McDermott has put together a quality program. After manhandling BU and winning at X I had to believe they are legit. Talk about having the wind knocked out of your sails...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  9. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $819
    My two sons had three ACL tears, each in or leading up to his senior year. It is just heart breaking , especially as it is relatively unusual for a guy b-ball player. Girls get them all the time. But my daughter who was a three sport stud got though her entire career without one. It is as capricious as a lightning strike. Best wishes to him and all of Bluejay nation.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    What terrible news! Class kid and one of the best point guards in the country.

11. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,739
    Feel bad for the Blue Jay Community for sure. Next man up, however for them. Just hope their offense can find its flow without him.

12. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    I feel bad for the fans and for Watson. This is on McDermott and the trainers head though. 100% preventable. Makes me sick

13. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    Damn I feel sorry for him and the Jays in general! Next man up doesn't account for his unique play! (I also wanted to play them at full strength in Hinkle!)

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    What?

15. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    He got hurt 2 minutes prior to going down a second time. Trainers evaluated him and McD put him back in the game when he was obviously limping up the court. Next play he goes down again any this time for good.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    Did not realize that. That's brutal. I bet they feel awful. I did hear the trainers said the ligaments were fine after the game. Good call.

BUStudent likes this.
  17. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    There's a video here of him going down once (looks like a bruise) then going down again after the structural support was compromised by the first collision.

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,474
    Yeah.

I hadn't seen video of the two incidents. The severity of this injury looks to be on the coaches/staff.

So sad for the young man & the team at large.

19. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,840
    I've always liked Greg & Doug McDermott. Seem like good guys. Have always respected their program. Feel horrible for Watson. Can't imagine how he feels.

20. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,521
    I may be mistaken, but didn't Watson get hurt right before the end of our game at Creighton? He was down on the ground for a while and as he was lifted up it looked like he did a jump/hop. I wonder if that is when the initial damage was done....... I can't find the video of what he actually injured during our game.

Yogi likes this.