Watson Tears ACL

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by UDDawg, Jan 17, 2017.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    He bumped knees with Kelan.

2. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,386
    Very sad to hear the news. Creighton was on its way to the Final 4.

3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,835
    Been offline for a couple days. Just heard about extent of injury to Watson. Such a shame. I do wish him all the best. I feel bad for the kid and the program. They were truly a great team. I still think they are. And our game against them at Hinkle won't be a gimme just because he is done.

Would be true class if he could step on court in an NCAA Tournament game like Mateen Cleaves at Michigan State and at least say he got in a game. The BB Gods owe him that much at least. An even better scenario would be that near the end of a tournament game (pretty sure Creighton will win Round 1 fairly easily), he gets in and goes to the post. Someone dribbles to him, hands him the ball and let's him make a layup so he is actually in the book. Maybe the opponent can inbound the ball to him so he gets credit for a steal too.

There can still be class, humility, sportsmanship and compassion in sports.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  4. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,336
    This Sporting News article mentioned Derek Anderson of Kentucky in the '97 tournament, pretty similar to what you described. http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...mcdermott-big-easts/doj365n79iws1ifdxsj7gd8mr
    Basically he got to shoot a technical foul FT since it was a dead ball. Would love to see Watson in for mop-up time or something similar, just to get his name in the books of the NCAA tournament - he's only ever been to the NIT (once each at Creighton and Boston U).

5. Grandpa Bulldog

Grandpa Bulldog Member

Money:
    $32
    Feel bad for Watson. Hope he recovers and is able to continue playing somewhere.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,248
  7. bmradio99

Money:
    $5,336
    So this is really weird and sad.

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Must have been very serious.

9. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,835
    WOW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    That kind of sucks, but it can't be too bad or the news would get a hold of it...

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
  12. DawgFan14

DawgFan14 Active Member

Money:
    $313
    Damn... that escalated quickly...

13. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    Well I guess I was right and wrong. It is that serious and the news got a hold of it!

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    It's good to know Creighton maintains high standards. This would certainly be tolerated at some other so-called institutions of higher learning. I understand due process is not complete.

15. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $414
    It'd be interesting to see if they did the same thing with a healthy Watson. Much easier to boot a star player whose career is over anyway

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Not sure if the Big East has required curriculum on assault prevention; but if not they should.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    Seems that would be basic "right and wrong 101". Creighton has had good reputation but I suppose that could be a consideration if he was healthy. Since we won't know the specifics, opinions may differ. A coach and staff can do their homework and still never know an individual's true character.

18. bmradio99

Money:
    $5,336
  19. KB3

KB3 Member

Money:
    $133
    What do you mean by teenager? Obviously any type of sexual assault is awful, but a teenager can be a 19 year old college student.

20. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,835
    The article states it was a 19 year old

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops