Welcome back Thad!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BUcheer, Apr 3, 2022.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,375
    Pasting this small snippet that made me grin from ear to ear.

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 10.44.52 AM.png

BHayden, jeff, seadawg and 1 other person like this.
  2. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,148
    UDDawg likes this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,237
    Oden calling him a monster, and Chuck calling him a beast, along with Diebler talking about how he helped him improve is all great stuff, too. I personally am clinging to Diebler going from 29% from 3 his Freshman year to over 40% Soph and Jr years to 50% his senior year as hope for dramatically improved shooting for us. That 29% figure should sound very familiar to us.

The insight on Manny's recruitment was very interesting, as well!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,817
  5. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,817

Per polled coaches, Thad is the fifth-best coaching hire of this off-season. Numbers 1 and 2 also in the Big East. I'm not convinced Willard was a huge loss (notwithstanding his number 3 ranking here), but we lost a great one this year when Coach Wright retired. Still, the Big East has an impressive stable of coaches.

6. tcdtcd

tcdtcd Member

Money:
    $109
    Is Jon Scheyer a better hire than Thad? I don’t think so. Just Duke love?

jeff, seadawg, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    Yeah, that’s just amusing. Maybe he’ll be great, maybe he’ll be terrible. No one really has a clue. But for a program like Duke - that could hire just about anyone - to hire someone so objectively unproven, and to declare it a “great hire,” is comical.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

8. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $779
    To Hinkle's point, the hire @ Duke was a bit of a head scratcher....TBD. I continue to SMH every time I see Sean Miller ranked ahead of Matta in these type of poles. It will interesting to see if Miller's recruiting "issues" follow him to X.

seadawg and tcdtcd like this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,258
    Also amusing. Setting aside that he’s just pure slime, there is no basis for thinking Sean Miller is a better basketball coach than Thad Matta. It’s absurd. It just underscores that sports writers are plainly bad at their jobs. How can you not look at readily available information (it takes 30 seconds to look at each coach’s Pom profile) and draw reasonable conclusions? They are, for the most part, idiots.

10. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,045
    I also can't help but wonder where Shaheen Holloway ranks if Saint Peter's happens to lose in regulation against UK in the first round instead of winning in OT and going on their run. Seems to be lots of weight being given to one week of results (as impressive as they were).

BURph92, jeff and Hinkle like this.
  11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,963
    So supposedly he’ll have to serve some game suspensions so I’d say yes, the issues are following him. Not sure how guys with confirmed cheating get fawned over and everyone looks the other way.

12. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,277
    1, 3 and 4 are ridiculous. What is the basis for 1 Holloway and 4 Scheyer? Media BS. #3 Willard is a “good” coach. Anything in his overall record that says Maryland is back, Baby? They are all coin flips.
    Miller and Matta have legit records that provide standing. As to why the media gravitates to cheaters? My guess is those names make for better stories; at least in the mindset of Media folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  13. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,851
    I thought the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops