Western Michigan (0-0, 0-0) at Butler Bulldogs (0-0, 0-0), Wednesday, 11/25, 6 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $523
    Does anyone have inside information on the Bo Hodges waiver? When is the deadline for the NCAA to respond?

2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,103
    There is no deadline. Typical turnaround time is three weeks. They've been hit with a bunch this year though and with the NCAA staff furlough there's a backlog.

3. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $523
    Thanks! Please let us know if you hear anything. Do you have a gut level thought about yeah or neah?

4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,064
    With the Burrow injury, I am now focused completely on Butler basketball. Here’s to giving me something to look forward to in this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon, willisbrown and ButlerNut like this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,812
    I played cincy today and that injury killed the bet. And it sucks because he was playing so damn well. He's the qb of the future and going to be one of the better ones. Tua went down today too (although not as serious). Tough day for the rookies.

6. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,160
    I thought Tua was just benched, not injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

godogs91 likes this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    I was out and they didn't have the sound on at the little cajun dive where I was but it looked like a minor injury from the final hit he took and I think it was a combo of what you said and him being a little shaken up. Prob being cautious plus the offense was kinda staling out.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    Gotta make it two more days and we have hoops.

znelson15 likes this.
  9. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,218
    Can't wait to see some Basketball and talk about basketball! :cool:

NCJon and znelson15 like this.
  10. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    Is it just me or is it hard to get excited for this season, given many games will likely be cancelled and there probably won't be a real tournament.

11. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,610
    I'm sure there will be points of excitement, but the uneasiness surrounding if/which games will actually be played definitely puts a damper on things.

My personal hopes for the 20-21 "season".

1. No injuries.
    2. Crossroads game is played and we beat IU.
    3. Aaron Thompson wants to play again next season.

I think that's it? Anything else would be gravy.

12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,103
    I agree with all that and am also hoping that Christian David is able to rebound from the injury this season and play next year if he wants.

ButlerNut, godogs91 and BoyGeoff like this.
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    Let's say that he or any of the Srs do...it'll be interesting to see what they do with the scholarship situation. I'm guessing the NCAA allows for them to expand a couple if teams/players use this option. And it's a free year to A. be in college and B. Earn a free Masters. All non NBA shoe ins should be pretty interested in excercising this.

NCJon and seadawg like this.
  14. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,053
    I think one reason why I am fairly bullish on Butler is Thompson. He’s not flashy but he will have many 12/8/10/5 type of games with few TOs. He won’t shoot many 3s but I feel really good with him at the helm—leading our offense and disrupting the attack of the opposing offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg and seadawg like this.
  15. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,462
    Alright, let's throw out some predictions for the starting lineup.

As I'm just finishing up my Chuck Harris breakdown, I'll admit I might have some recency bias of my film studies...but I'm sold on him starting while Butler is w/o David and Hodges. I think Harris is a good enough C&S guy to space the floor well. Tate/Bolden are the far more versatile shooters and thus need to be staggered imo. I want to see one of those two on-court all the time, based on my film, with Bolden taking the first shift.

I'm going with AT-Harris-Bolden-Nze-Golden as my prediction (I have no actual insight into if this will be the case).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 4:13 PM
  16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,273
    I'm in 100% agreement, that was my prediction as well.

17. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,614
    Is Hinkle or anyone else planning a Pick 'em contest this year? Just curious.

ButlerNut likes this.
  18. CMG

CMG Member VIP Member

Money:
    $136
    A WMU player I've looked into a little is 6-8 Titus Wright.
    He was on the MAC All Freshman Team last year. He has range ALL the way out to 9 feet and usually plays in the dunker's spot or in a post up.

He's a patient shot blocker who gives a driver space to get a better angle on the shot.

He plays close to the basket so I would guess Nze is matched up on him without any double teams planned. If Nze helps off, Wright will get some dunks. Nze could also guard the 6-9 Chase Barrs (horrible rapper name).

-WMU was last in the MAC last year and picked last again this year.

-They added a CSU- B grad transfer who looks like he'll probably start at the 4, and might be their best player.

-WMU is coached by former Indiana Elite Coach / Butler Basketball Camper Kristof Kendrick

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    I think we could see Tate or Harris and neither is a bad decision. Nice to have them both in the fold.

PS-went to Roux last night for drinks and dinner for the GF's bday. Sundays they do an oyster happy hour all day...it's just on the half shell but they are so good. We went through 2 dozen of them plus had some other fun stuff. They gave her beignets on the house for the bday. Excellent food as per usual down there. Xmas lights are up mostly too...looks good.

estar20dawg likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,273
    I just think Harris's defense is light years ahead of Tate at the moment, and makes sense to have Tate off the bench as the perimeter threat when Bolden comes off. If imagine you'd see some Tate Hastings combos with a bunch of Tate & Cole's for good measure.

Can't argue with Roux... Always great food, excellent oysters.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app