What are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by butlerdude05, Jul 24, 2015.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    Wow, that looks great. I would probably have a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout every night if they weren't so expensive. $14 for a 4 pack at the local liquor store. Just an occasional payday treat.

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,532
    Anyone drinking during this game? If so, what?

I am drinking a rum and coke to start.

3. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,421
    Listermans Holiday Stout (local micro brew just off Xavier’a campus - I know I know, but their beer is really good).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  4. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,532
    Time to put the Coke away and just do shots! WOW. This is a horrible start for the Dawgs.

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    Evan Williams, though I like Jim Beam better.

6. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,532
    moved on to Spaten Octoberfest (just a couple more left for the year)

7. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Anybody hear the rumor Central State is shutting down? Also crazy what 450 North was doing with their labeling of ABV on those “slushy” beers. No **** a Berliner weisse type beer was 3-4% instead of 8-9%.

Drinking a Coors Banquet right now. The ol standby

8. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    Ya'll gotta try Tito's hand crafted Vodka out of Austin Tx. I know everybody just said what the hell is hand crafted vodka? I don't know but they make it in old fashioned pots and distill it six times. It is the best vodka i ever drank. I never even liked vodka as anything special before. Seriously

9. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,313
    Not surprised. There’s way too many breweries in Indy, and it seems like there’s a new one opening every week. S*** is played out.

Drinking a Yuengling , taking in this AFC Playoff game.

10. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,443
    2xDawg and SpartanDawgs like this.
  11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,696
    Of all the posts you've made recently that I started to respond to, then thought better of, this is the one that finally drew me out.

Y'all is a contraction of "you" and "all." The apostrophe goes after the "y". Always. There is no "a" in "you." And remember: If in doubt, just spell it out.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  12. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    They must not have Tito's in NC.

knobcreekfan, NCJon and DawgsMD like this.
  13. NCJon

Money:
    $8,696
    That legitimately made me chortle. I have some in my liquor cabinet. I think it's good, if not a bit over-rated. I prefer some of our local spirits - both over the counter and otherwise - and bourbon.

knobcreekfan likes this.
  14. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,147
    Being in NC I assume you know 1) y’all = singular 2) all y’all = plural and 3) all y’all’s = plural possessive.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  15. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,921
    No no no no no! Central State makes some of the best stuff here locally. Is this true??

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $531
    Let’s get this right so that northerners have a better understanding of southern usage of the English language.

Y’all is singular. All y’all is plural. All y’alls’ is plural possessive. And if someone tells you they’re going to give you a whistle, then you should expect a phone call.

knobcreekfan and NCJon like this.
  17. NCJon

Money:
    $8,696
    Should we tell 'em about "bless your heart?"

knobcreekfan likes this.
  18. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $531
    Absolutely.

Plus, if you’re a female and your vehicle breaks down just sit in your car because within 5 minutes a guy named Bubba Jay will roll up in a red truck with his hound dog in the front seat ready to fix it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  19. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,147
    When you buy your Tito’s and bourbon at the ABC store, make sure you put it in a buggy so you don’t drop them.

NCJon likes this.
  20. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    very impressive but I do not think such rules apply to slang; ya is slang for you and the apostrophe replaces the a in all; never considered that the word you was involved at all; your problem is assuming that ya'll is a contraction of you and all which I find humorous; anyway enjoyed your brilliance but thank you for wisely exercising discretion by not making such replies to all of the other posts wherein I apparently have perturbed you

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020