What Needs to Happen in '21-'22...

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BigHoss, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $704
    You’re right, but I think LJ can finally run his offense (and possibly defense) the way he has always wanted to with an up-tempo team.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

znelson15 likes this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    I know he has said that he wants to do that, so not a criticism of you in any way, but at this point I just don’t believe he actually wants to do that. If he really wanted to I think we’d have seen at least some indication he doesn’t want to be near the very bottom in tempo.

2xDawg and Cranjis McBasketball like this.
  3. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $704
    Agreed he hasn’t really shown that yet. There was just no way with last year’s thin bench and horrid transition D they could have done it but this upcoming year will be very telling because he has no excuse not to run the offense that he envisions due to a deep bench. So if we are a slow tempo team next year, expect that to be the case forever.

Tentozen and BoyGeoff like this.
  4. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    Yeah my thoughts are that our depth prevented us from being really up tempo, but it didn’t stop us from being average if we wanted to be. What we were was what we were the previous three seasons, incredibly slow.

2xDawg likes this.
  5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    I hope LaVall and staff watched Baylor handle the ball screen double team.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    You do have to wonder, if a full offseason of healthy, training we might see what we expected from these two. I don't think anyone has any clue how hard to was on two big guys getting COVID and trapped in their rooms for a month. Having them fully healthy and in good shape will be addition by subtraction. I forget how much weight they dropped and how out of shape they got, but then you come right back and have to go play a grueling Big East schedule, I think we need to take a step back and some people need to apologize for some of their comments over last season at the players who had things way out of their control going on...

bwesson15, DawgsMD, #60 and 5 others like this.
  7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    Ding ding ding. We also were probably playing Nze too many minutes for a center/post player. I think beyond 25-27 and physically it’s just really hard to handle. And I’m talking about healthy bodies, not what we were working with last year.

2xDawg likes this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,065
    As much as I love Nze becoming a 40%+ 3-pt shooter, I really hope he is also shooting 1000 FTs a day so he can become a 65% shooter at the line.

bwesson15, knobcreekfan and thevinrod like this.
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,313
    Being able to be a stretch threat out there will definitely help but I tend to agree, he's gonna see the line more than deepville so please be working on that too.

All in all I think we'll have one of the better 3 man big rotations in the league. It surely isn't the biggest but it's very skilled. Not to mention I think Scoob can give you minutes there too. I enjoy seeing the splashing but...let's make sure to the FTs and layups are getting attention in workouts too.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,053
    Do we see a lineup of Thompson, Hodges, Nze, Coles and Golden to start? We’d have good depth/firepower in Harris, Bolden, Johnson, David, Wilmoth, and the true freshmen off the bench. This could be a really good year if they stay healthy.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    I don’t see how we can enter the season without starting Harris. We have no one else who can score at the level he was at the end of the year. That lineup I think is probably too slow, and there’s no outside shooter there that you care about beating you. Nze shot a really nice percentage this year, but still at a very low volume. If I’m an opposing coach I really don’t care if he hits threes, or if Hodges or Coles does if we can take away literally everything else.

12. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,230
    Harris starts.

HoosierDawg, 2xDawg and formz42 like this.
  13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,399
    I doubt LaVall gets fancy. I'm sure he'll go with AT, Harris, Hodges, Golden, Nze.