Where’s Scooby??

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,748
    The only thing that will shut this thread down is to see him with the team against X.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

tedfrye, seadawg and cornette33 like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,263
    At this point it is merely a a disappearing act. The optics of the past 2 games suggest something did indeed take place based on the team's play against what many considered were winnable opponents

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,518
    That’s fair. If there’s one thing I think we can unequivocally trust Lavall on though, it’s prioritization of character.

He will not get fired for running a troubled program. I feel confident in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon likes this.
  4. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $678
    He has always been a hack and thinks he is part of the team

joliebeth23 likes this.
  5. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $532
    I was just kidding. You brought up his leg injury and that it was hard to believe the rumored act. Not knowing what it was, I’m picturing him doing illicit activities while in a full sprint haha

NCJon and ButlerGoalie like this.
  6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,995
    Knowing this board; doubt it. Will probably take the transfer season to be over...

7. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,386
    I know. I too enjoyed the imagery of hop along Scooby robbing banks.

While yes I do think LJ wouldn’t stand for less savory characters and culture, something is going on. And the more instances of smoke with a program raises red flags with recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. ThirdRowDawg

ThirdRowDawg New Member

Money:
    $31
    it pays a lot

9. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $99
    I haven’t been on this site in awhile, but heard about this post and felt compelled to comment. Legit loved that you called me a “Faux insider”. Like I laughed when I read it. Good stuff. So I deleted the tweets as to not stir up things

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    2xDawg and Daddysmack like this.
  10. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $121
    And I think it was the right thing to do, just like this thread should be deleted.

11. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $678
    What would you call yourself? You break 0 news and have never been more than a jersey chaser.

If you actually had facts you wouldn’t have deleted those tweets. Reporting actual news and stories would be a new concept for you.

12. Graves4

Graves4 Member

Money:
    $44
    The height of the DawgPound was Ari’s era. Those guys really brought it game in and game out. They gave Butler at least 1-2 more wins each season.

jeff, 2xDawg and AKasle_BU like this.
  13. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $99
    I thought "faux insider" was perfect. I legit have never once claimed to be an insider. I don't view myself that highly

2xDawg likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $6,518
    What a douchey post.

People cry about Butler not getting enough attention and then cry when people talk about Butler but not in the way they want to hear it.

bwesson15, butlerguy03, jeff and 2 others like this.
  15. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $678
    Is that what you’re doing right now?

Don’t be mad because you can’t take honesty

16. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $678
    Glad to hear you’ve grown from your prior days. Improvement blossoms enlightenment.

17. dawgs2014

Money:
    $6,518
    Lol you’re attacking someone for providing free butler basketball content for free.

You don’t have to like their content but going after them personally is just being a petulant asshole.

2xDawg likes this.
  18. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $532
    No, we are all for Butler content, but we are NOT for unsubstantiated rumors that have no source and could **** up things for a kid’s reputation if it turns out to be false. Like someone mentioned earlier, if Ari had a solid source and it was based in 100% fact, then he wouldn’t have had to delete it and I’m sure the ACTUAL insiders would have more information. We’ll need a lot more than, “I know a guy who is cousin with a BUPD officer’s wife and he told me xyz” because if you don’t own up on your source, that’s what I’m interpreting from a person who “never claimed to be an insider” in the first place.

It’s like this— if these are more than just rumors, then we will all accept it eventually and it sucks and Coach is on an even hotter seat. But if these are just heresy, then we as fans are just twisting the knife into an already defeated and tumultuous team. How could this possibly be beneficial for the team, player, or fanbase? You don’t think something like this could be the last straw for a 19yo and throw their hands up on Butler after an already ****ty season who might be having 2nd thoughts?

“Our play is so bad, it must be because of our locker room and our potentially best player (who has never had any trouble) sucks as a human” /s

This goes for almost every adult (and teenager for that matter)— you have to THINK before you post **** on social media. Not only how it affects you, but also those around you and possibly even those you don’t even know. If it wasn’t a big deal, then it wouldn’t have had to be deleted.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $6,518
    I don’t think saying “I don’t think Scooby is going to play for Butler” is in any way inflammatory. It’s not even commentary on his character.

Also, it’s not just about this instance. Everything he’s done has been met with unwarranted and unmerited criticism.

Also, can we wait until he’s wrong before we decide that he’s got no idea what he’s talking about. Like is it outside the realm of possibilities that he’s actually just reading the news here?

2xDawg likes this.
  20. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,021
    Don’t you have a 3rd grade AAU team to be coaching up?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.