Where’s Scooby??

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Feb 17, 2021.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    Again, douchey.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

jeff, ButlerNut and 2xDawg like this.
  2. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $103
    So you are mad that on my personal Twitter account I tweeted “I don’t think Scooby is gonna play for Butler” then a day later deleted it? I just wanna make sure we’re on the same page.

I didn’t say anything about me being an insider or me having a source or having any knowledge about anything.

Had I come on this forum and made some post about me having a source who told me inside info then maybe I could see where you’d be upset.

I literally just tweeted I didn’t think he’d play for Butler.

Next thing I know I’m being attacked on here for being a “fake insider” and how I’m “potentially ruining a kids life”

I literally tweeted I didn’t think he’d play for Butler. If that ruins his life then you can come at me

2xDawg, ButlerFan89, BigHoss and 3 others like this.
  3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    A bunch of dainty snowflakes in this thread. There is absolutely nothing wrong or even inflammatory with what Ari said

2xDawg and BigHoss like this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    Context matters, wouldn’t you agree? Saying you don’t think Scooby isn’t going to play when he’s not even eligible to play currently conjures up other possibilities—none of which are good. And again, the backdrop to his comments were unsubstantiated rumors zinging around Twitter. Wasn’t in a vacuum.

Glad Ari and others wisely chose to delete.

willisbrown likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    Bingo. As per usual well said. Everything right now is quite sensitive with the season we're having and the struggles still to come. These kids are having their mental strength pushed to the max and it isn't easy when they'll look back and see that record wise they're the worst team in a generation or more at Butler University. I'm not pleased with the play or the coaching, the injuries...frankly anything about this team.

In the same breath/thought though-popping off with rumors that aren't silly rumors and only add teeth to empty, very damaging rumors? Not a good look. Glady most fans know not to take the ish seriously...but maybe the players do not. Or maybe there is a jack bag out there who swallows that for the whole truth and gets flappy gums. We know nothing. At all.

6. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,935
    I can't believe it, I agree with Title on something. There may be issues but Ari's post isn't anything to get in a knot about.

2xDawg and jeff like this.
  7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    Yes context matters. But if Scooby did something wrong, *thats* the problem; the problem isn’t that people are talking about it, the problem is that he did it.

If Scooby didn’t do anything wrong, then Ari’s tweet is going to a look like a whole bunch of nothing, because it’s impossible to make sense of without some sort of association to a wrongful act.

2xDawg likes this.
  8. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $703
    So why did you say he wasn’t going to play at butler then? What was the foundation behind that thought?

You just randomly decided to tweet it?

9. BUcheer

Money:
    $7,133
    IF Scooby did something wrong, then yes, it’s a problem. But right this minute, none of us know that. And I understand that fans like to speculate, but there’s a time and a place for it. Clearly Ari and the others who did delete realized the error of their ways.

As to a whole bunch of nothing—damage was already done by insinuation. Further damage was averted by deleting.

If Ari decided to delete then he must have felt the tweet was inappropriate, no? Good on him, then.

10. Graves4

Graves4 Member

Money:
    $64
    It’s good to have Ari back on this board. He needs to be a regular poster. He tells it like it is, the good and the bad of Butler basketball. No sugar coating. His insight and opinions should be welcomed. Plus his fandom in the dawg pound was second to none. He is a dawg pound legend.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $924
    Not defending the spreading of a false rumor but how is a rumor that Scooby is no longer with the team more damaging to the players, who certainly know what the truth is, or to recruiting, than continually reading that Jordan is the worst coach in the league and that the program will be perennially be in the basement of the league?

12. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $103
    Why does it matter? It’s like you said, I’m just a faux insider and a hack. I deleted it because I was concerned that the nut jobs on this forum would overreact to an innocuous tweet (and that was proven accurate). I once tweeted that I didn’t think Wilmoth would ever play at Butler and nobody started screaming about a conspiracy

2xDawg and DawgsMD like this.
  13. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $703
    Obviously you aren’t getting the point here.

You were contributing to gossip and rumor, but to what end?

If you made the remark with actual basis of wrongdoing then it would be actual reporting and good on you for having that knowledge.

As it stands you had no idea what you were talking about and deleted it to try and cover yourself.

14. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,935
    So is everyone every time they post in this thread. What he posted was so vague and innocuous I can't believe anyone would be upset about it.

troggy, 2xDawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  15. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $103
    “Contributing to gossip and rumors” LOLOLOL

You people have spent the last 4 days posting about this. I haven’t said a damn thing

2xDawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  16. Graves4

Graves4 Member

Money:
    $64
    This argument is ridiculous. I’m ashamed of the way some of you are treating a bulldog legend.

17. BUcheer

Money:
    $7,133
    Who said Scooby was no longer with the team? Because LaVall said just the opposite the other night.

And obviously the other stuff isn’t helpful either, but that stuff is opinion and easier to disregard than internet rumors about a player’s personal conduct. With this program being down right now, why pile on with innuendo about players.

BoyGeoff and willisbrown like this.
  18. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $703
    Because you deleted it :)

Morale of the story. Don’t add to the fire if you don’t know anything about it. Rise above. Be better.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  19. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $703
    Ari - you can quit with your second account now.

20. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    First- we don’t know why or why not ari tweeted, and/or decided to subsequently delete the tweet. Saying he must have felt it was inappropriate is certainly reasonable speculation, but it is only speculation.

Second, I don’t think there’s any insinuation whatsoever to “I don’t think he’s going to play for butler.” It cannot, on its own be a damaging tweet. If someone has, or is provided with additional information, and then uses aris tweet to “confirm” that additional info then yes, that could be damaging.

“I don’t think Scooby is going to play for Butler” on its own is significantly more tame than half the stuff that gets said on here on every single game thread.

Hell, I don’t think DJ Hughes is going to play many minutes at Butler. That’s just my personal opinion. If I tweet that, am I at risk of “ruining Hughes’ life?”

2xDawg and jeff like this.