Who are the next 3 priorities?

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by cornette33, Jul 3, 2019.

1. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,006
    3 scholarships left.

Who do you think the staff has on their top 3 want list?

2. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $684
    My guess would be Eugene brown first then vescovi and plug in various kids for 3rd
    If we are talking staffs wishlist I think Eugene is at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    In my opinion and what I think the coaching staff would think as well (no inside info behind that thought at all):

1. Eugene Brown

GAP

2. Matt Cross
    3. Santiago Vescovi

I think the list, though, is long of prospects where Butler is in *at least* decent shape.

Bulldogs260 and cornette33 like this.
  4. cornette33

Money:
    $1,006
    Scooby Johnson still in play at all or has Cross passed him up?

GoDawgs likes this.
  5. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    Definitely should still be in play. Priorities are pretty even after Brown I think.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,809
    I can see two more scholarships being filled for 2020 and one pocketed for a transfer. If Brown were smart he’d best grab one.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  7. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $684
    Forgot about cross, I have him 2nd or 3rd with vescovi also

8. cornette33

Money:
    $1,006
    Is Vescovi going to make it to campus? Would think the other Myles PG we just offered will decide before Vescovi gets here.

9. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,027
    Probably someone none of us are aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99, fdr, SpartanDawgs and 6 others like this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,704
    I'd still be interested if any current offers have been withdrawn based on Wilmoth's verbal?

11. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $191
    So we have 2 commits in Harris and Wilmouth and maximum of 3 more. Can’t see us going for any additional above 200 kids until later part of August as some of our prime targets reveal their choice or at least if we make cut to final 3 or so. Need one forward and assume you take any commitment from the Matt Cross, Eugene Brown, Scooby Johnson, Jakobe Coles and you might slow play Patrick Iriel a bit with the Wilmouth Commit. I assume Michael Jefferson offer is currently not negotiable and will stay that way until late August and maybe early September and if any of the 5 listed above commit by end of August Jefferson will never have an offer that he can actual commit.

At the guard spot I could see a few more offers going out. We need one more and we have offered Tate, Vescovi that I have no idea if we are in their Top 5 and Beard who we/he may have backEd away from already. The only other offered guards are Leal and Galloway both IU leans but I see know way IU takes both so one of them may be an option. Think any additional guard offers in July will be top 150ish or better.

Save scholarship #5 for a grad transfer unless we can land 3 players with 4 star rankings

Just my two cents worth

12. cornette33

Money:
    $1,006
    Should be interesting cause Cross wants to commit in August. Eugene, I thought I saw in the Fall. Should be interesting.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,212
    Thought I saw a November date Eugene was looking towards could be wrong and just a trim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $910
    If I read the article correctly, he could, theoretically, OV each of those 4, again, or widen his net. It probably goes without saying, but, a win in this particular case would be doubly rewarding. Hope the BEast presence in the North East helps our cause.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,072
    Cross or Coles, and Tate for me. I say that because I firmly believe Brown is far out in the GA sea at this point. His love for GA and GT keeps him home. I'd love to be wrong, but it seems to be leaning that way.

If we could nab Scooby, great. More than great. The kid is going to be a wonderful SF in college. If we can identify another high 3 to 4 star guard, I'm very much down with that.

Save the 5th for a grad transfer this coming spring/summer. Unless of course it's a high level 2020...I'd wait and play the transfer market (like, really play it).

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,072
    This is correct, he stated he wants to be committed by November.

17. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $478
    This is just my thoughts... of course all very hard to predict lineups and mins two years out but trying to see who Butler should prioritize and what the fans would like to see....

So i'm too lazy but how many Schollys does Butler have left for 2020? Kamar, Sean(Great decision to RS), Smits and Baddley all leave... So 4 with 2 already filled? 5 if Tucker leaves early... we don't have an open scholly right now do we?

2020 Starting 5?

AT
    Battle -Hastings is in the mix on the 2-3 spot hopefully
    David
    Tucker
    Nze -Golden & Mulloy back ups

4 open:

Myles Wilmoth
    Chuck Harris

So then

AT (30mins), Chuck Harris (10mins)
    Battle (22) Hastings (6mins) free 12 mins
    David (20mins) (Hastings (10mins) Free 10 mins
    Tucker hopefully (25 mins) Free 15 mins
    Nze Golden Mulloy all take 40 mins somehow

So hopefully The pg and C position are already solid for 2020. Nze, Mulloy could probably help the 4 a bit. Especially if Tucker is gone.

So then....
    2 open (Team Needs Forwards & Wings)

Prospects (That we know of):
    Toneari Lane
    Carlos Scooby Johnson
    Jakobe Soles
    Eugene Brown
    Santiago Vescovi
    Myles Tate
    Matt Cross
    Chibuzo Agbo

Leaving Tyler Beard, Dawson Garcia, and Caleb Love out of this because those are stretches. They all can almost play for a "blue blood"

I think anyone should be happy if we land any of these kids mentioned but I think Lane, Scooby, and Brown would be homeruns.

My hopes: Scooby and Lane. I think those guys could fill the 2-4 position mins available.

Chuck Harris
    Toneari Lane
    Carlos Johnson "Scooby"
    Myles Wilmoth

24/7 Class rating: 51.68 would be Top 40ish class

18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,341
    There is an open scholarship at the moment, so Butler has potentially 5 spots to fill between now and summer 2020.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  19. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,027
    Good recap here. One guy I think that has gotten lost in the shuffle is Mike Miles. We've offered and he plays PG on the same AAU team as Jakobe Coles, who we might be leading for.

So at the current time I think I'm hopeful for the following.

Chuck Harris
    Myles Wilmoth
    Jakobe Coles
    Mike Miles
    Eugene Brown

Would wind up at 55.04. Probably around top 30.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,212
    I'd take that group. I'd be happy with Miles or Vescovi