Who are the next 3 priorities?

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by cornette33, Jul 3, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I think it was "only 365 more days" or "365 more days"....which yeah, whatevs. I don't care and it doesn't bother me one bit. I like Tuck, I like his confidence. I hope he gives this team 15 and 5 or so this season. Because that means A. LaVall is playing him and B. We'll be pretty decent.

Imagine if he's a 2nd team-ish big east performer this season? We may could sniff the real postseason.

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    IMG_4720.JPG

It’s not bad. It’s good to have confidence. Just from not starting on a team that finished almost last in the BE to getting drafted in 365 days is rare. Especially that he has another year of eligibility left. Tweeting this is going to turn some heads.

At least his Chiropractor believes in him!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    He forgot that 2020 is a leap year. 366 days - you’re welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    No reason to share? You can argue it's imprudent to share, but there are lots of reasons to share it. Message boards exist mostly for this sort of thing.

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    Reading anything into the "365 days" tweet other than NBA aspirations is just stupid.

jkcdawgs and seadawg like this.
  6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    One person with a famous relatives calling another person with famous relatives arrogant (while keeping in mind this was 18 months ago) really doesn't move the needle for me. Rotnei Clarke was also dissed for similar reasons when he left Arkansas and things worked out pretty well. My guess is this will be much ado about nothing, but that's pretty typical for the off-season (and this board in general). Not saying you are reacting this way estar20dawg, just a general comment.

estar20dawg likes this.
  7. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Member

Money:
    $68
    Hey, everyone. Jimmy Lafakis here. I hope all of you are doing well, and I'm looking forward to next season. It is pretty cool to say that I am now a Butler alum. I've always enjoyed reading the board, but I wanted to address the current topic. I just finished reading the entire thread.

Jordan Tucker and I have spent a lot of time together since he arrived on campus in January 2018. I'm at my new job in North Dakota now, but we have stayed in contact.

When he came to Indianapolis, he was excited for the opportunity to play for Butler. I don't believe that sentiment has changed. He called me recently and we caught up. He's looking forward to the upcoming season. I hope this helps clear the air for everyone: He really wants to win. He wants to get out there and compete against the Big East's best. He's close with teammates. He works very hard and cares deeply about his craft.

I think social media can oftentimes be misleading. I don't think you can truly get to know a person unless you spend time with them face-to-face. I understand that many posters are from out-of-state and do not have immediate access to Butler's campus. With that being said, he's a passionate, competitive individual.

We all watch the games. We've all seen his talent, especially during the St. John's game at home. When I interviewed him for my senior Capstone project on Hinkle, he said the fieldhouse is magical and also said he wanted to come to a basketball school where the fans really care. Regarding the win over the Red Storm, he said he wanted the team to win badly. This was all on the record, and I included his quotes in my story. I'd be happy to send the link to anyone who would like to read it.

I love seeing Butler fans engage with each other. I just completed my four years at that great school, and I've seen first-hand how much Bulldog fans care about hoops. I think Jordan is a valuable piece. In 49 states, it's just basketball, but we love a team in Indiana. I encourage everyone to embrace the future.

8. tlp63

tlp63 Member

Money:
    $114
    Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Jimmy Lafakis and bobbu64 like this.
  9. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $116
    Glad to hear this!

Jimmy Lafakis likes this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    Good to hear!

11. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $105
    My guy!!!

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    Ok. Yeah I had seen the football player tweet before. Missed the Tucker tweet about the draft. Good for him. I hope he is drafted next year, that means good things for him and a good season for Butler.

willisbrown likes this.
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Jesus Christ...

14. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    What exactly was wrong with that Tweet. Is it at all likely? Absolutely not. Would it be the best scenario possible for Butler? Just as absolutely.

No one, again, NO ONE, would think a player wanting to play in the NBA would be a distraction. Christ, Butler needs it more than just about anything with only one NBA player - which is pretty pathetic for a high major conference program.

15. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $343
    https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/alumni-tracker/school/3693

You can check for yourself here. It's actually common for high major conference programs to have only a few players in the NBA. As of 10 days ago, we had 2, and are on the verge on adding another. Unless you have low self-esteem, this should not bother you as a Butler fan. There are multiple former Butler players earning paychecks playing professional basketball all over the world, which is obviously a good thing.

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  16. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    Title is right...Butler needs to put some dudes in the NBA. Even if that number were five, it would look a lot better on the recruiting front.

Wichita State has put more players in the NBA.

17. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,339
    Both Butler and Wichita State have two players currently in the NBA, I'm pretty sure.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Bold prediction-Battle will play in the NBA.

19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Bet Butler has graduated far more players and developed more college coaches.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  20. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    Not something high schoolers care about.

Butlerfan96 likes this.