Who are the next 3 priorities?

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by cornette33, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,002
    JaKobe Coles, Eugene Brown, and Scooby Johnson should all be the top targets, in my opinion. 1a, 1b, and 1c to me - no order. Feels like the Dawgs are in good position with all three and I would surprised if all three committed elsewhere. I'd guess the staff lands (at least) one of those.

2. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,477
    Or two of the three;);)

3. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,058
    Yeah I think we get one of that trio and either a random commit or pocket the schollie

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $510
    Never been Butler's style to recruit over our scholarship players, but with Terrance William decommitting from Georgetown and the connection with Chuck Harris, any way we go for a 6th? Would think Hastings and/or Mulloy recognize the talent still on the roster (Nze, David, Tucker & Golden) and incoming '20 class could keep them on the bench for their career.

willisbrown likes this.
  5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,526
    Nothing like writing off players before they get started... See (McDermott, Barlow, Streicher) all were considered wasted scholarships. It took Duane Lightfoot 2 years to develop. Folks questioned why Campbell was brought on?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    DawgPoundMac, fdr, Sidd Finch and 7 others like this.
  6. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,098
    Exactly. Let's think back to McDermott's early days. There were some that couldn't get him off campus fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    Even if one of them left (which I doubt), you'd think for the purpose of some kind of class balance that you wouldn't want a 6-man freshmen class.

knobcreekfan and godogs91 like this.
  8. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    More over, these players were key members of 2 very successful programs that won state championships. They don't grow on trees. If one or both would opt to transfer it will not be after 1 year of playing.

9. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $510
    Agree with class balance. Just thinking, if you can steal a top 100 player, who fits the BU culture (scholarship offers from Stanford, UCLA, Virginia), you kick the tires. But, I get how this could do more harm than good.

IMO, Barlow and Streicher are not relevant to this discussion. Different times, different level of player @ Butler and level of competition at the time.

Regarding McDermott (below), he played in 30 games & minutes his FR year and was a solid contributor his SOPH year-present. Hastings RS FR year, he has played 3 minutes. Do you expect a lot more during the BE schedule? I hope he absolutely dominates this offseason, I'm just realistic that he could take the same route as Jerald Gillens-Butler.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 11.59.07 AM.png

10. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,205
    1) LJ would never do that
    2) I think it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of the fans
    3) Players would lose trust in LJ and the staff
    4) This ties into #3...we don't recruit at a level where you can "recruit" over someone while at full scholarship capacity and just go along like nothing happened (i.e if it happened at a Duke or Kentucky). If, on the very off chance, LJ ever did this, it would send a bad message to anyone considering Butler down the line

Shimmy, knobcreekfan and seadawg like this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    Now it’s Mulloy and Hastings. Some need to read more and post less. There are always someone reminding me why I block as much as I do.

BoyGeoff and godogs91 like this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $8,526
    Crash, I will never say never but this scenario is highly unlikely. Anyone could choose to transfer or de-commit at anytime. Williams will in all likelihood be gobbled up before too long though.

13. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,114
    Ummmm...Sean is a redshirt. Hastings has not had minutes because he is coming off a surgery, not because he lacks talent. Comparing Hastings to JGB is apples:eek:ranges.

estar20dawg likes this.
  14. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $510
    Wow, didn't know my question was so egregious. I was just wondering out loud. I hope beyond the highest heavens that Hastings and Mulloy become important contributors on the court for Butler.
    Agreed with the board that it does not fit the Butler mode and would unbalance our classes dramatically.
    Cheers

15. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,395
    NBD, everyone is a little testy right now with the team doing well, the new trolls, losing bets, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon and SpartanDawgs like this.
  16. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Well-Known Member

Money:
    $527
    I’m not sure where else to put this. I was driving earlier and this thought came to my mind. Losing the four seniors will obviously free up some playing time. I am super excited for the upcoming freshman class. However, with the roster makeup, we can’t possibly imagine that 5 freshman + AT JT KB BN BG CD (Hopefully he will be fully recovered), JMM, and MH (a total wildcard) will see considerable playing time.

With that being said, do we a believe any of the 2020-2021 freshman will get Redshirted? Thinking outside of the box, would JMM be a redshirt candidate as a sophomore? I believe Gonzaga has redshirted some Sophomores in the past and it has been super successful. Just something to spark conversation to fill the time until Wednesday!

17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    I’d say no to redshirting JMM and yes to Wilmoth. We will struggle next year for points.