Who do you like in March?

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by MilkSteak, Mar 4, 2016.

1. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,781
    Thought it would be interesting to get some tourney talk going...

So who do you guys like right now?

Serious Contenders: Michigan St., Oklahoma, West Virginia
    Other teams I like a lot: Wisconsin, IU, Cal, Texas A&M, Miami (FL), Xavier
    Cinderella candidates: SFA, UAB, Chattanooga, UALR, Monmouth, St. Bonaventure

2. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $401
    National Championship: Kansas over MSU (UNC and Oklahoma are my other FF teams)
    Other Contenders I like: Arizona, Virginia, WVU, Villanova, Miami
    Early Exit Alerts: UK, Iowa State, Iowa, Purdue, Maryland
    Power Conference Sleepers: Oregon, Cal, Texas A&M, Utah
    Deep Sleepers: Valpo, St. Mary's, St. Joe's
    Best Mascot: Butler
    Team that Will Make America Realize "Hey, those guys are scumbags": Xavier

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Winning it all: Villanova.

Bounced earlier than expected: Oregon

Sweet 16 surprise: Valpo

Final four: Nova, Indiana, West Virginia, Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    Michigan State

Final Four- Michigan State, Kansas, Miami and Virginia

5. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,994
    This year is tough because most teams don't have enough guys to take over when one or two of their best guys has a bad day. Ok, Nova, Miami, Mich ST, Virgina, and X are who I think have the most chances to win it all, but there a a lot of team that if one guy goes unconscious shooting they win a few games and send all of these guys home.
    Going to be a crazy tourney!
    Man is Nova making Georgetown looks bad! But so did we for all but two 3 mins stretches!

6. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    You do know Tom Crean still coaches IU, right?

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    I love to pile on crean as much as everyone else, but he's done an outstanding job this year. he's got a great team and there aren't more than a couple better point guard in college basketball, which is most important for deep runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,340

Yep, I'll give Crean some credit. He did okay. He does have some players. But they also had their schedule break for them that was near perfect, in an imbalanced (not always a home-and-home) situation. Understand, not of their doing. Still, they are not as good as a couple of other teams in that league, and they are champs. Will be interesting to see how they draw in the tournament. They may or may not be around that long.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Michigan State is the best team in the Big 10. But I don't see a good argument that IU anything but second. They are clearly better than Iowa. They've been better than Purdue in conference play. They've won a number of games that Maryland simply didn't. IU is second best, and they are not the second most talented. Crean has done great, plain and simple (is hell freezing over?).

10. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $193
    Extremely difficult tournament to pick this year because there are no head and shoulder favorites and like some of the analysts were alluding to last night, this year's field of 32 could be the craziest we have ever seen in the terms of upsets. However, I think KU is going to be a tough out for anyone this March. While not a dominant #1 seed, they won a very tough Big 12 this year by playing tough and smart. I say all that but the last few tournaments have not been kind to the Jayhawks so we will see.

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690

It seemed to me IU improved dramatically after Blackman got injured.

12. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    Sure as the sky is blue IU will drop a steamer in the tournament.

13. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,473
    After watching the conference tournaments, I think Carolina and Kansas are the two teams to beat. I wonder if the committee will put them in opposite brackets.

I'll take Carolina.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690
    I'll take Michigan State.

15. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,808
    I know I should root for the Big East, but pretty sure an angel just got its wings on that Wisconsin game winner.

Won't ever be sad when they lose, even though I had them in the F4.

16. Doctor Tobias Funke

Doctor Tobias Funke Active Member

Money:
    $81
    Wow. Made Bill Murray sad too.

I'll cheer for X up until the Elite 8. Hanging our F4 appearances over them is always enjoyable. To see them lose like this in the second round? I kinda feel bad, but on the other hand, those tears are so tasty.

17. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,781
    Eh. I'm okay with it.

Just need IU to lose to UNC, who then loses to Wisconsin-ND winner, and it'll all be gravy.

18. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,781
    Jake Query immediately made an "It's in the hole!" reference on Twitter with the picture of Murray after the shot. It was amusing.

19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,544
    [​IMG]

On a side note, I really wish JVG would commentate the Tournament just to see his head explode from the officiating. However, the pre-head explosion ref call outs would be epic.

20. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $275