Who do you want for 2021?

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by I Am Butler, Jan 9, 2020.

1. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,155
    Assuming nobody transfers out, we have 4 scholarships available for 2021, created by the departures of Tucker, Thompson, David and Nze. The following 2 classes will have 2 scholarships each.

History tells us that 2 or even 3 of the players who ultimately commit aren't on our radar yet. We are going to need depth behind Scooby on the wing and will need to find a replacement for Golden.

Jayden Taylor
    Blake Wesley
    Pierce Thomas
    DJ Hughes

Wesley and Thomas are the obvious realistic picks thus far.

Hughes, though not a perfect fit, is really just a sleeper pick that would give us an Indiana sweep, which would be a fun novelty. Hughes has spoken with Butler this season and has reportedly elevated his game quite a bit. If he shows out in the spring/summer, I wouldn't be shocked if he was offered. Ideally we find someone with a bit more length and polish.

I will say, I'm confused/concerned by the lack of offers or even identified interest towards any bigs beyond Caleb Furst.

Who do you *realistically* want?

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  2. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $527
    CALEB FURST!!!!!!!

3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,120
    I mean you can add Barnizer and Poulakidas to that list, we are clearly engaged at some level on those 2. As for who I want, Pierce Thomas by far and away is number 1 want

4. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,155
    My guess is Lavall would only take 1 of Thomas/Barnhizer/Poulakidas, saving the other spot for someone like Wesley/Goode/Pierre, or another name we don't know yet. I actually wonder if some of the offers we know about currently are truly actionable.

5. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $163
    who I want?

Caleb Furst
    Pierre Brooks
    Jayden Taylor
    John Poulakidas

:)

6. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $191
    Furst
    Thomas
    Kaufman

if Goode and barnhizer fry other fish I would like Luke brown and colson Montgomery ( if he doesn’t go straight to MLB) both are butler type players

7. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $395
    Because they’re both white guys that nobody else is recruiting? C’mon

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Well they are both white guys ....although not sure that’s relevant ? Montgomery has visited Louisville and IU ( he wants to play baseball ANd basketball so they b-ball programs may be feigning interest as a helping hand to their baseball programs but he has the skills set)...also I only know what I’ve seen on tape of barnhizer and only saw goode live briefly so I won’t debate the topic to the death but I would be willing to wager an Elmo cocktail and cola before a home game sometime that brown outperforms or is on par with both at the D1 level through 4 year ...have you seen brown OR Montgomery ? If your response is to discount kids that don’t have major offers because “ why should we look if no one else is “ then we wouldn’t have kamar Baldwin on our team currently with that mentality ...JUST sayin

butlerbreadman likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,120
    You do realize Kamar was rated 155 coming into college right? It's not like he was unranked and it's not like he had zero high major offers either. Don't even start with comparing Baldwin to Brown, yikes we get it you like him and he dreams to play IU why we have so many posts on a kid we aren't looking at and won't play here is baffling...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Tentozen, bu2013 and UDDawg like this.
  10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,696
    I don't care who we get as long as we offer Jaxson Hayes first

IU/Butler/Notre Dame and Shimmy like this.
  11. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,519
    Dude, we get it. You want Butler to look at Brown. You also clearly have a biased opinion. Butler isn’t looking at him right now, and comparing him to Kamar is lunacy. Also, I know you’re brand new around here, but believe me when I say we’d be excited about Luke if Butler showed interest.

12. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Totally fair but the kamar comparison was not to luke ...not even close ....kamar was just an analogy or counter to the previous posters insinuation that someone without high offers or not widely recruited is not worth following ...I think that’s exactly the trap iu constantly falls in is they put their eggs in one basket and if they don’t get their man they have no back up ....I’m objective and welcome your opinion id love it if you caught a game or two and told me what you thought ...my impression is he’s a victim of being undersized in a loaded class but he’s gonna be a steal for someone that takes a chance on him when they get rejections from several of their offered guards in the 2021 class late this summer

2xDawg likes this.
  13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    You do realize he had Clemson ole miss George Washington and Charlotte to go with butler ....right ? Not only was butler a no brainer but I’ll still take a bet with you brown ends up with the equivalent of Clemson and ole miss

2xDawg likes this.
  14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,877
    This is where I feel compelled to make my usual Clempson jokes, but I just don't have it in me tonight.

15. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Please do it I’m new

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,143
    Wesley
    Thomas

Already have Taylor so it ends there. Pocket the other and please no stiffs like this dude is trying to pimp.

jkcdawgs, Tentozen and bu2013 like this.
  17. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,155
    He was ranked 123rd on Rivals with offers from Clemson, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Providence, Richmond, Middle Tennessee State and a number of other schools.

If it was a counter argument, it was a poor one.

estar20dawg and Tentozen like this.
  18. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,155
    Do you not think a big is necessary for '21 or just dont see one you like that's realistic?

19. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Do
    love furst but he isn’t realistic other than that there aren’t super exciting in state ones but I think Kaufman could be great and we should show interest there

20. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    The link to 247 I just posted didn’t include Georgia tech it had George mason but again butler is clearly the cream of that crop ..which of those schools scream high major attention to you honestly ?