Who do you want for 2021?

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by I Am Butler, Jan 9, 2020.

1. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $191
    I don’t mind your list stopping there if you factor the commits from 2020 class ...but if you like goode and barnhizer at all you can’t call brown and colson stiffs and you definitely can’t do so without seeing either of them play

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,343
    Wow - in the two days you’ve been active, you’ve made a quarter of the number of posts that I have in four years. Hyperbole - yes. But man, I am exhausted just trying to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Shimmy, estar20dawg, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  3. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,158
    No offense, but you don't seem to have a good grasp on college recruiting. If you are new, that's understandable, but I don't have to time to bring you up to speed. I'd suggest talking a little less and listening a little more.

4. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    No offense taken ...but I’ve followed a lot of high school basketball and college basketball ....I’ve been lucky enough to watch many high school players who have gone on to successful college and professional careers ...I’ve been even more lucky to watch a select few MANY times who became very successful high level D1 players. I know when someone sets themselves apart or looks different. I ALSO understand that recruiting has changed dramatically over the last 30 years as the game has changed. I’m not just talking about the prevalence of paying players and corruption of aau I’m taking about the slow transition of basketball to a faster paced game with an emphasis on outside shooting and rule changes that promote offense and handcuff defenders. Athleticism has become a premium more so than it was even a single decade ago. Furthermore, coaches have less security than they have ever had and their staff positions are even more so as their salaries have increased and the cost of losing and profit of winning has become more and more important to colleges with the influx of money. If you don’t recruit at top level you don’t stay employed and no staff can accurately evaluate every player in the country. To narrow your pool everyone has a list of intangibles with boxes that have to be checked before a program shows interest to recruit...don’t check enough boxes or have a box that is an issue and you don’t get a look initially ...it’s the business. Do kids that don’t check enough boxes or have a major liability often end up successful ...absolutely not. It’s not a frequent occurrence I give you that and thus understand your skepticism. I understand with a loaded 2021 class and with positional back logs from people committed in 2020 what our needs are but I do like to think butler ( and to a lesser extent notre dame and Purdue ...even if Purdue makes me sick ) does the best job of not limiting themselves to those check boxes everyone has and that’s one or the main reasons I love butler. I would think with the teams we put together in pre- big East days you would have loved them all the more and you’d be a little more open minded about the diamonds in the rough ...the ones our programs rich history is built on. I’ve watched hulls and Kramer dozens of times each and brown is easily better than both were during their junior year. Go watch a game and tell me what your eyes Tell you , not what you read or not based upon lack of things to read. I assume you watch a lot of basketball so I would
    Imagine you can apply a good eye ball test. I’ll Im saying is watch brown and Montgomery and you then tell me how they compare to Goode and barnhizer ( aside from brown being 3 -4 inches shorter then all 3)

5. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Love butler ...love Luke ....love respectful
    Argument, banter, conversation, and discourse so yeah I might end up A tad carried away ( sorry in advance )

6. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,240
    You’ve admitted you’re new, so you may not be aware that the rules DON’T state you must respond to every post.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg, seadawg, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  7. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Lol ok I deserve that one too ...do you want me to NOT respond to this one ? Sorry I like diverse opinions on butler and recruits I’ll try to keep it in check

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    Clemson, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, and Providence are all high major programs...

Tentozen likes this.
  9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,553
    I am so glad it’s game day, which hopefully puts an end to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Correct All of theses schools are power 6 schools ....that said ...none of those schools have a tradition of basketball excellence and are often out performed by mid-majors ....my point is kamar was way under recruited and didn’t get attention from any upper echelon programs butler was far and away his best offer as in we stood out amongst the rest of the programs ....each or those schools is a fringe team for their respective league

11. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Go dawgs

12. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,158
    You joined the forum on Wednesday and have posted 67 times, many of which are the TL;DR variety. Chill out and stop flooding threads.

mwall787, butlerguy03, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    I’m sorry I wasn’t aware there was a posting limit ? Additionally I would prefer to discuss 1. Recruit merits and 2. Butler basketball as opposed to having to answer your insinuation that I don’t know what I’m talking about or that I post too much. I do notice that after reading my lengthy response on any experience I habe watching high school basketball you skipped from “ you’re opinion is worthless you don’t know what you’re talking about “ to “ yeah well ...you post too much” .

I absolutely don’t mind you disagreeing with me ...in fact if you watch any of those kids play and disagree with me after a objective evaluation I’ll look forward to your points and could possibly support some of them but I think you summarily dismissing any viewpoint contrary to yours ...especially when it comes to undersized underreceuited players... well that’s more an IU recruiting outlook and less the Butler way ....Montgomery is sure fire pro baseball player who has take his team to state title games in baseball and football and is an exceptional basketball player at 6’5 he’s likely to go pro baseball out of high school but he physically fits the part ...brown is super polarizing because there is no middle ground you either love him and think he’s an exception to newly generalized size and athleticism standards or you hate him because you think
    He’s overhyped and can’t translate to a higher level of competition. I get them both I just happen to fall on one side and you on the other. Cant we still both love the dawgs and be internet bored acquaintances though cmon ?

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    With Coles, WIlmouth, JMM and Golden as a SR...I don't think it's necessary. If one is to be had, by all means.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,841
    You may be right, but I guess I see Wilmouth as more of a 4. But perhaps he will end up being an undersized 5.

I think we've seen this year the value of having an actual PF, and my fear with the roster moving forward without a 2021 4 or 5 is that we end up in a situation similar to last year where we've got wings trying to guard BE PFs. With the right wing, I suppose it can work (maybe Scooby and/or Coles will be truly versatile defenders), it's just my fear.

I also don't think you want to move forward banking on either or both of JMM and MW becoming starting caliber BE 5s. They very well may be, but at their rankings, you'd be fortunate if one does, and there'd be no depth.

16. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Correct ...a game changer I agree ...but if not I’d prefer to save the spot for guards or wings which tends to be what drives big East play ...good call

17. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    This is a great point also ....Jordan really made me a believer snagging Nze and he’s been a game changer for us no doubt about

18. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $972
    I can't agree with the last sentence of this post more. I've been surprised for awhile that Butler has not offered or even following any 2021 Centers (that we're aware of). I would feel a helluva lot more comfortable if we could find a top 100/125 5 in 2021. It would be great if MW turns into another Jaxson Hayes, but let's be realistic. Also, I think JMM (absent PEDs) can never be a BE 5. He hopefully will be a better than serviceable stretch 4, but never a 5 imho.

On the other hand, I guess we can plan on Golden being around in 2021, so perhaps we can wait till 2022. . .

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  19. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,158
    It actually sounds like you agree with the last sentence . . .

20. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,308
    We offered Jaxson Hayes first

#60 and IU/Butler/Notre Dame like this.