Who do you want for 2021?

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by I Am Butler, Jan 9, 2020.

1. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $191
    Hey as far as a “ who do you want “ does anyone have thoughts on JR Konieczny? He has an offer from Creighton and I saw him twice on IE platinum 2021 last summer ...he was longer and smoother than I expected. Also I’m a pierce Thomas fan ( I think everyone is ) and I saw a kid from northwestern twice named tayson Parker who impressed me with similar athleticism and what appeared to be a much more refined shot especially from distance ...anyone else see either of them ?

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    He committed to Notre Dame in August.

Thought at least one-third of you would have known that.

3. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Lol ! That was a good one ....yeah I only saw him when I was there watching someone else and didn’t follow once AAU season ended just remember him looking solid and hearing Creighton had offered ....have you seen Parker at all ?

4. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    Parker committed to Indiana Wesleyan. He had some interest from Purdue but thats all that I know of. He should be a very good NAIA player at IWU.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  5. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    I'm going to be realistic and say that I want
    1.) Taylor
    2.) Pierce Thomas
    3.) 1 of Barnhizer/Poulakidas/Goode
    4.) TBD could be a pg or a post or just best player available (Possibly Luke Brown, Gus Etchison, DJ Hughes, Jayden Brewer, Quimari Peterson, or Blake Sisley to name a few possibilities.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,562
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,190
    The lowest person we just got in our monster class is Wilmouth who is still a 3 star top 225 player, we have so much time to cultivate relationships, knowing and seeing how LJ have been recruiting it would seem very, very strange especially seeing how this season is going that we will really go after anyone outside the 150 range. I'll bet there's at least a dozen names of top 125 players not in Indiana that we are actively recruiting and interested in that we have no clue about like Pierre Brooks we have been tied some too and Tamar Bates who nobody knows anything about.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  8. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Definitely NOT Luke Brown. Literally fine with any other player in the class.

9. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    That's cool. I don't get caught up in rankings. I let my eyes tell me whether a guy can play or not. I watch plenty of schools that get guys highly rated but they aren't good basketball players. I also look at possible team fit and need. When filling your last scholarship or two I don't mind taking a role player that can specialize in fillng a specific role.

10. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    I haven't followed enough of your posts. What's your bias against the kid? I get people that have this opinion and the only thing they ever say is he's to small, not athletic, and doesn't go to a big enough school. All of which can have arguments made against them but that's another can of worms that I'm not wasting my time with. I've seen the kid play on multiple occasions and I haven't seen any reason to hate on him or his play.

11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    Completely agree, but we are so far out right now, and with the 5 players coming in, plus the Taylor commitment who I actually like his upside, I want LJ and I'm sure he is, because he's proven it so far to swing for the fences. I have no problem with him building relationships with all these kids, in fact he absolutely should be. But on his big board in his office the top 3 lines I hope I would see are the immediate impact kind of guys and then as the year goes you follow down your list. So as far a post that says who do I want? I want the studs that fit LJ's model.

tlp63 and IU/Butler/Notre Dame like this.
  12. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    The thing is when the 2021 class are frshman you'll have Bryce Golden as a senior, Hastings, JMM, and Battle as juniors, and Coles, Harris, Tate, Johnson, and Wilmoth as sophomores. I understand trying to get maybe 1 immediate impact player but it those players already on the roster aren't contributing then the team is in trouble.

13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Extremely good naia player ! He is a national caliber track athlete also ...I’m shocked with him doing 360 windmill dunks and having a solid jump shot no one else was lined up

14. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    Villanova has a 5 star player Antoine pretty much sitting this year, waiting his turn. When you have the culture and the system, it doesn't matter, they understand, they wait their turn. Would you rather have a top 50 freshman learning and waiting in the wings or a project who may or may not ever be able to give you any minutes. You've seen it with us this year the very first game we were down to 6 players, Georgetown is down to 6. Things happen, The Butler Way is a culture already, players know it when they come here. If they come here they know what is expected of them. They will practice hard and earn their time according, whether its a freshman vs a senior.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  15. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    He may not be AS talented as goode but there is something I like from the little I’ve seen of barnhizer

16. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    We don’t see eye to eye in every area but I’m sure we do in some. I like the position you have that our expectation should be to be desirable to the best recruits and , if not competitive with everyone , we should at least be first to the table in the big East. While I would love to see the I do think there is a slight conflict with that and the butler way. Not all ( always exceptions ) but most kids inside the top 50 are expecting something whether that’s impermissible benefits ( which we won’t do thank god ) or special treatment. It makes it difficult to manage a program unless you get one that’s an exception to that trend or unless you get SO many it doesn’t matter. Unfortunately I think that’s kind of the culture that high level AAu has created but it’s the case which is why I think IU has struggle while living in that range and we’ve done more with the hungry 100-200 kids

17. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    I would like it if you would refrain from liking or commenting on my posts, this will be the last time I say anything in your direction.

willisbrown likes this.
  18. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $173
    Really not up to date on my recruiting like years past, Do we know who was at the Seton Hall game? That atmosphere was electric.

19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,751
    I personally would like a impact grad transfer point guard. I know we will have Tate and Harris as sophomores, but teams that go deep in the tourney have an experienced point guard. I hope Harris and Tate prove me wrong, but I think we'll really be hurting after losing AT.

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    This is a good point. Although I'd say, losing Thompson will suck. But, getting Harris a year with Thompson and letting him feel things out a bit is a great thing vs having him come in and try and run things off the bat. He'll learn aplenty and should be able to take the wheel his sophomore year.

But always, always keep options open for a grad transfer with experience.