Who do you want for 2021?

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by I Am Butler, Jan 9, 2020.

1. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,087
    It seems to be trending that 2021 is gonna be guys not on our radar (as fans) currently. Which is fine. Still want an elite shooter in the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,751
    Yeah, I like Harris learning for a year under AT, but even if we land a grad transfer there isn't anything saying Harris can't play the two and spell the 1 giving him 20-30 minutes a game. I just think this team is going to be pretty inexperienced in 2021 and will lack a dominant scoring threat (though Battle could prove to be one).

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    I think this is why you pocket a schollie. I'm usually not a big "intentionally pocket one" guy, but in this instance it may benefit to get an experienced/quality player that can come right in and make an impact. But we don't know what the 2020s will do. I can see all of Scooby, Coles and Tate making immediate impacts.

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,240
    Wow.

5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,751
    That's fair to say. Can they make a big enough impact to make up for our scoring losses? It's hard to imagine our current team without KB, McD, Tucker, AT, CD, and Nze. Even if that class exceeds expectations, that's a lot to make up for. I'm glad you agree on pocketing a schollie.

6. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    I think battle will be so damn good they class might just need to be really good role players. Battle reminds me more and more of Myles Powell- older he got the better and just turned into the best player in the country. Battle and Tate backcourt will be so so fun.

7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,190
    I love Tate as much as anybody, but I think you are dreaming that Tate will come in and be ahead of Harris. Harris is so far ahead on the defensive end and his offense is coming along quite nicely. Tate is a lot like Battle and we see where Battle is at at this point in time.

Sidd Finch and seadawg like this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    We should definitely not underestimate Harris. My hunch is he and Johnson could be the most game ready upon arrival?

BoyGeoff, Sidd Finch and SpartanDawgs like this.
  9. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    If I had a guess, the times for playing time next year will be Harris, Coles, Scooby, Tate and RS for Wilmoth but that's just a guess and how their games stack up to being D 1 ready. Harris and Coles will definitely be the most polished all around ready players and I'm guessing Scooby will hit his stride fairly quickly. Tate will be a fantastic player but he's going to need the most adjustment time more on the defensive end than offensive, no question the kid can get a basket like Battle.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    To be honest we're going to need contributions from all 4 of them (agreed Wilmouth will probably RS) so I hope they are all ready to go. And I think they will be. Losing Baldwin and McD, that's a lot of scoring punch. These kids all have that just hope they are ready to contribute defensively.

I'd argue Scooby and Coles are the most "d-1" ready. Harris will definitely get a crack at the back up PG roll and Tate will get some run at the 2 maybe a little 1. Gonna be some growing pains but we're going to need them all to be decent to good to have a shot at the top half of the big east next season.

11. seadawg

Money:
    $9,276
    Coles' footwork has been impressive. My only concern may be in the area of stamina.

estar20dawg likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    He's been making strides in transforming his body and his stamina, the ankle injury definitely was a stumbling block, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't ready by next year. The dude has an incredible work ethic, not afraid to bring his helmet and lunch pail and get to work. There's a reason why some scouting circles say he's the most college ready big guy of the 2020 class. I fully expect him to contribute from day 1, no he won't start but his minutes will continue to increase each game as you'll see it'll become harder and harder to keep him off the court like a Baldwin and Thompson their freshman years.

BoyGeoff and willisbrown like this.
  13. seadawg

Money:
    $9,276
    While the process is not complete, it's evident that Coles is transforming his body.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    We need an athletic rim protector.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  15. seadawg

Money:
    $9,276
    Wilmuth could be that and much more?

Insane Dawg likes this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    I hope so. We have to get beyond what we have had and soon.

17. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    Butler should recruit several shooters in the Class of 2021, they lose McDermott this year and Tucker next year. Those two will have to be replaced and the replacements
    must be ready to play right away. It is tough to win if you cannot put the ball through the hoop.

Tentozen likes this.
  18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    How many times can we misspell a signee’s name?

It’s Wilmoth.

NCJon, #60, godogs91 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    I'm going to guess we're not done.

TheDawgDub95 and Tentozen like this.
  20. seadawg

Money:
    $9,276
    Sorry and knew I better.