Who do you want to see in 2016 class?

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by jkcdawgs, Apr 26, 2014.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $639
    Who do you guys think gets an offer on June 15? Kyle Guy? Matthew Moyer? Eron Gordon?

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,565
    I think all those guys definitely deserve offers. I'd like to see Payton Pritchard offered as well.

I know we'll have Lewis and it seems like we're in great position with Bolden, but IMO you can never have enough guys who can handle the basketball well at the Point Guard position.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
    @inbballrecruit: 2016 local Indy players with big weekends in Dallas at adidas gauntlet. Justin Thomas Pike, Eron Gordon NC & Kyle Guy LC all avg dbl figures

4. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,100
    You do not think E. Gordon will be offered? I agree with your group though.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    According to ESPN and Verbal Commits we offered May 22, but I don't know where they are getting that. Probably from Reggie Rankin, but I've never seen it. You have to think Gordon ends up at Indiana. Crean is probably going to be bought out after next season. Butler Way was told Eron doesn't like Crean though, but by the time Eron got there I highly doubt Crean is still coach.

I like Kyle Guy better than Eron Gordon. Guy plays much better to his strengths and will easily be able to play lead guard in college.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    .....keep your eye on Xavier Simpson and Devin Gage for 2016. Both are point guards. Holtmann watched Simpson alot down at Louisville and Butler went over to Lima, Ohio for an open gym in Sept. Also Scott Phillips reported that Butler was up watching Devin Gage at a Sept Open gym. Gage got great reviews for the NY2LA camp last weekend. Something could possibly shake with one of these two on the heels of the CJ Walker to Purdue commit. I watched Simpson down at Louisville and truth be told I think I'd rather have him than Walker. Simpson is good. Trevor Andershock/Corey Evans/Brian Snow were raving about Devin Gage last weekend.

7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
    Flexibility and quick ability to mold into a coach's vision. Great selling point to the HC position

8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,850
    We had a similar thread for 2015, so I figured given the ramp up in news, it'd be fun to discuss 2016.

We currently have 5 scholarships available for 2016, I would imagine we try to use 3-4 of them on 2016 Freshman...who do you want?

My personal "dream" class...

PG - C.J. Walker
    SG - Eron Gordon
    SF - Clayton Hughes
    PF - Robert Baker Jr.

What's everyone else think?

9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $407
    I'd have to agree with the above class, but my "dream class" would have to have Brunk in it. His physicality and energy just scream Butler to me.

I know we don't seem to be in the running with him anymore, but if we're talking dreams, he would be great to have. At first glance I'd replace Baker Jr. with Brunk.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Of the 2016s we have currently offered....

Brunk, Simpson , Cumberland and Hughes. We need a PF type in that class too. Watched Baker today. He is more of a 3 right now. Great length though. Gordon really struggled in both games today I thought. 8-23 vs Rawle Alkins team. They lost in the morning to New England Playaz 85-40.

--------

I am going to edit my "Want" list. I am sold on Baker.

Brunk/Baker would be two incredibly good gets. Unfortunately I don't think Cumberland is in the cards. He's simply blowing up. Simpson hasn't stated he wants to visit Butler. With Trev anderson coming this weekend, that might be a sign. Really don't have a good feeling on Hughes after the visit was rescheduled. Butler's 2016 targets are fluid right now......

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  11. firedupkaren

Money:
    $4,850
    Gordon and or Walker would mean a lot to the program. We need a local kid to stay home in a bad way. I'd love it they both started a new trend.

12. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $289
    Walker, Gordon, Brunk, Hughes.

13. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Nobody wants cumberland? I think he will be the best of walker Cumberland and Gordon personally

14. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,859
    My guess is they are going with the feeling Cumberland isn't coming. Plus landing a household local name would help. Butler has watched several of his games though during eval periods. I don't think they are giving up. I've said he is a stud for a while now and would still love to see him in a Bulldog jersey.

15. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Agree on all fronts. 2017 is where we need the state of Indiana to send all recruits to butler.

16. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $184
    Joey Brunk
    CJ Walker
    Eron Gordon
    Clayton Hughes

That would be a spectacular class.

17. firedupkaren

Money:
    $4,850
    Sure, but it'd be a lot easier if we had a couple local guys on board first to help with that recruitment.

18. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $551
    Forget about Brunk and Cumberland. They have shown little interest in us. Should be all in on Gordon and Walker. Also heavy on Simpson and Hughes.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jared: Last summer did you ever see Cumberland and Gordon play each other? Right now I'd probably pay some bucks to watch that, cause I have serious questions about Eron Gordon's game and how it stacks up nationally.....

I watched Cumberland last year with OBC and liked him. I would love to see those two matched up in a game.

20. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $551
    butlerfan, I respect your info and evaluation, but I think you have been off from Gordon from the start. Guy is a stud, and he would be a major coup. How Gordon stacks up nationally is a top 50 player, not sure what is wrong with that.