Who will Butler's coach be next year?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by FRENCH DAWG, Dec 19, 2016.

1. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $205
    With Holtmann's tremendous success since taking over the Bulldog's program and the interim tag being removed, can Butler afford to keep him going forward? If so, how much will it cost? If not, who should Collier be evaluating for the upcoming vacancy? I think there is a very good chance that BU makes it to the Final Four this year, gets to the championship game, and KMart drops the game winner after receiving a pass from TLew from an out of bounds play called by Chrabby.

Get ready to purchase tickets to each round. In the slim chance Butler only makes it to the Sweet 16, I believe Butler will not renegotiate Holtmann's contract and he'll be gone. More likely is the scenario outlined above, and in this case Collier will do everything he can to keep Holtmann. This is the price of success, pay for performance. GO DAWGS!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
  3. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
    Designated ****post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    All sarcasm aside...it's going to be another expensive off-season for Collier and company to keep Holtmann in the fold.

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
    This has to be a troll job. It must be.

Joe Physics likes this.
  6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    It would be great to retain all of this talented coaching staff and based on results, they are all worth a bump in salary.

irocaliley likes this.
  7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Holt ain't leavin'. His twin sister goes to Butler.

bd5, NCJon, jeff and 12 others like this.
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,043
    we. aren't. in. the. horizon. league. anymore.

ButlerHomer, SRG and Bulldawg like this.
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    They'll probably go back to Miller.

bulldogs51, ButlerHomer, #60 and 3 others like this.
  10. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Now now Willis, that was uncalled for. Don't worry - be happy...

LifeLongDogFan likes this.
  11. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $205
    I'm trolling. Collier needs to be ready for this situation in 4-5 months and by evaluating posts made on this app, most of which are thoughtful and well reasoned, this topic should receive attention. My hope is that Holtmann stays-I also thought Stevens would stay but was proven incorrect.

TheOnlyNameLeft likes this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Brad left for an amazing opportunity and a new challenge, to restore the NBA's winningest all-time franchise back to the top. Not saying CH won't leave, but we certainly have more in place to stay put for now. I know not everyone was for hiring Miller. I thought it was a great hire and am still disappointed things didn't work out for him. My first choice would have been Graves but things have probably worked out better than most of us could have ever imagined.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    GO_DAWGS! likes this.
  13. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    He already turned down Georgia Tech and Tennessee. Given the success of the Blue Bloods this year, it is highly unlikely any of them will have vacancies. As a result, it is hard to imagine he is offered a better situation than Butler.

SpartanDawgs, ButlerHomer and #60 like this.
  14. bulldogs51

bulldogs51 Active Member

Money:
    $170
    Butler after the years in the big east and renovations is in a much better place financially to take care of/keep coaches. I don't think we lose another to Nebraska unless we want to let them walk. I liked the assistant that left, but right now I think we actually upgraded. All said and done if another nba team similar to the Celtics pedigree offers the same guaranteed cash to Holt as they did Stevens we will need a new coach, but we don't have to sweat getting poached like we did in the ho league.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

15. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $202
    This entire conversation is pointless and a waste of time. Worthy of Mike Greenberg and the ridiculous premises that he believes are sport conversations. I don't listen to that radio show any more and I'm not going to spend another minute validating this stupid premise. Nothing personal French Dawg...just not buying in.

SRG likes this.
  16. TheOnlyNameLeft

TheOnlyNameLeft Active Member

Money:
    $246
    I don't think he'll leave but Barry damn well better have a contingency plan just in case.

17. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    I guarantee you he has 3-5 in his mind at all times for all of Butler's sports. If he doesn't, he isn't doing his job.

18. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $48
    Don't feed the trolls. This guy is an IU fan...

SRG likes this.
  19. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $513
    My number 1 choice this time of year would be Buddy the Elf followed closely by Cousin Eddie

Colin Taylor likes this.
  20. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member

Money:
    $236
    You must be watching FreeForm

Sent from my LG-H910 using Butler Hoops mobile app

Dewars12 likes this.