Who will Butler's coach be next year?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by FRENCH DAWG, Dec 19, 2016.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    No problem as Lavall. BU has excelled in spite of the change and there are reasons for that. I do feel there would a huge benefit to retain some of current staff. TJ is obvious. He demonstrated to be an asset in big man development and defensive philosophy which has been a strength. Yes we need recruiters but an experienced coach would be a great addition if not TJ. No problem if it were Lick but doubtful it happens. I am not familiar with some of names mentioned but I would say no to Ray-Ray or Buckley and not because they may be shady . It would be nice to see Nored back it were to happen. I do trust LJ to put together a quality staff.

2. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    But we all knew Barry would only consider guys with Butler ties, especially at this juncture in the offseason. So who among LaVall, Shrews, Pedon, and TJ had more "experience?" He was never going to open it up. Period.

3. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $205
    Just like I predicted 8 or so months ago. Butler will win NCAA Championship in less than 4 years. Congratulations, now hire Nored.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

mass_dawgs likes this.
  4. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $205
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    If you want to keep young, you don't hire pedon as hc, you hire the best candidate as hc and then Young's hs coach as an assistant. I don't endorse this, but if you view him as program changing, that's how you keep him.

6. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    At UWM, LaVall had to build a house on sand.

At Butler, LaVall can build a house on concrete.

Brad would've failed with that roster. It was heinous.

bmradio99 likes this.
  7. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $412
    The LaVall hire has risk bc normally you'd see P6 conferences going after mid-major coaches with 1-3 years of success/tourney runs. He doesn't have that, but it seems like he did all he could at UWM in the one year he got. We just have to hope we catch that 1-3 year mid-major rise and he transfers it to our BE continued rise. If we do, collier will be a genius. If we don't maybe collier is on the hot seat.

8. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Not sure I like the idea of him bringing Milwaukee assistants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,967
    With Nored staying in the D-League, does that open up an opportunity for Barlow or even T-Lew? Could Tyler come on as maybe DBO?

10. TheOnlyNameLeft

TheOnlyNameLeft Active Member

Money:
    $246
    And just like that we lose the entire staff. Barry must have low balled the hell out of Pedon and TJ for them to both go.

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    You have no clue how that went down. Lots of scenarios that would have little to do low balling.

UDDawg likes this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    Given that we're already hiring a former player, I'd be OK with maybe one other butler-connected person on the staff, but otherwise we need to branch out. We can't have a staff whose network is all the same group of people.

bwesson15, fdr, Tark43 and 7 others like this.
  13. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    You hit it right on the head. I'd like to see the third assistant spot go to somebody like Hahn. He knows basically all HS coaches in the area, and it could put us in an interesting position with Trayce Jackson-Davis.

From there, get a top notch east coast recruiter and a solid player development guy.

14. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724

Totally agree. I'd really like to see someone who's been involved in recruiting the New England prep scene. BU has had good luck in that area and there's a ton of talent in those programs. It's possible it might play a roll in David's decision, as well.

15. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596
    Yeah, it amazes me the conclusions people are willing to jump to.

16. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    No Hahn please. Two assistants with no Butler ties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. TheOnlyNameLeft

TheOnlyNameLeft Active Member

Money:
    $246
    Given that Holtmann's OSU salary isn't really that high I'm fairly certain we were underpaying him by a substantial amount. And when TJ and Pedon leave it has to make you at least wonder why. I'm curious. How do you think it went down?

18. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
    THE GREAT FRENCH DAWG HATH SPOKEN, LET IT BE KNOWN

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    A week ago today. Life comes at you fast.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Somehow CH seems hollow to me.