Who will Butler's coach be next year?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by FRENCH DAWG, Dec 19, 2016.

1. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $228
    One good thing about Holtmann leaving Butler is that players in the huddle and viewers watching on TV won't have to listen to repeated OKAY OKAY OKAY statements during timeouts. OK?...Alright. Got it. Ok. Go Dawgs.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Dawgs4Life likes this.
  2. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,341
    He couldn't to get out the door, the tweet he sent out was bull****!

3. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $638
    I don't presume to know how it went down. That was sort of my point to begin with. OSU has a lot more resources than Butler. It could just be that they can afford to pay more for assistants.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,170
    For those of us who enjoy metaphorically banging our heads against a wall, this is dropping later today... Should be a fun listen. :rolleyes:

GO_DAWGS! likes this.
  5. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,064
    Daniels is incredibly buddy-buddy with Holtmann. I'm sure this will be a spin-free discussion.

UDDawg likes this.
  6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    I wasn't a Holt Fan until Schrage came on staff. Then when I finally started to get on board with him, he pulls this.

I really can't blame him for leaving for OSU though. We are just victims of how OSU handled their coaching search. I blame OSU for the most part.

I CAN blame holt for that tweet. You can't tweet something like that unless you know for sure your not taking the job.

THicksBH likes this.
  7. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    I don't see him getting any of these bonuses. Interested in the golf course he will chose though.

Below are various bonuses and perks associated with Holtmann's new Ohio State contract:

• $20,000 bonus for leading the Buckeyes to a Big Ten regular season championship or co-championship;
    • $40,000 bonus for winning the Big Ten Tournament;
    • $40,000 bonus for making the NCAA Tournament;
    • $20,000 bonus for making the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament;
    • $20,000 bonus for making the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament;
    • $100,000 bonus for winning a national championship;
    • $50,000 bonus if his team has a 3.0 or better Grade Point Average;
    • $150,000 bonus if his team has a 3.5 or better Grade Point Average;
    • $1,200 per month to use toward two cars;
    • Use of a private jet for recruiting trips at any time, as long as they are more than 200 miles from Columbus. These expenses cannot exceed $65,000 a year;
    • An allotted 20 hours of personal use per year for private jet;
    • 12 tickets and parking passes to each Ohio State home football game;
    • 30 tickets for each home basketball game; and
    • Membership at a golf course mutually agreed upon by both parties.

8. m4795

m4795 New Member

Money:
    $49
    Urban Meyer gets 30 hours of personal use of the jet and 50 hours of recruiting use. It's good to be the king.

9. dawgman

dawgman Member

Money:
    $78
    Might be able to sell those football tickets for what many folks make in a year.

cornette33 likes this.
  10. Muskie

Muskie New Member

Money:
    $27
    Heres the link to his contract: https://www.scribd.com/document/3511...eet#from_embed

He makes 3M in cash compensation.
    -850k in base salary
    -1.315M for media, promotions and public relations
    -825k from nike for apparel shoes and equipment
    -10k for appearances for Coca Cola

_____
    I have no idea if the $825k is directly from Nike, or is part of what Nike pays to OSU in their apparel deal. But it jumped out at me. The money from Nike alone is more than most coaches at the mid-major level (or below) would make (at least that's my guess). I have no idea what BE schools get for being Nike Schools (and I know there are levels), but I'm guessing neither X nor Butler get that kind of money for a coach. Just thought you guys might be interested.

Hinkle likes this.
  11. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,064
    No, I assumed that the Nike money was likely better too.

I think the part we are most upset about is the bull excrement his agent tried to pull by leaking an inaccurate number to Adam Zagoria, which then became the narrative even after he removed the tweet. People, including those in the Indy media market, are giving credence to the idea that we basically had Holtmann on welfare. Nobody will investigate the truth, mostly because it's not important to them, but it has and will continue to damage Butler's reputation with everyone involved in college basketball who has no reason to know better.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  12. HoosierPal

HoosierPal Member

Money:
    $52
    Interesting buyout in paragraph 12. Pretty hefty for the first four years and then it drops significantly.

13. m4795

m4795 New Member

Money:
    $49
    I couldn't find any language in Roy William's contract about Nike money. Or use of jets for that matter.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,170
    Says he spoke with Matta 3 or 4 times during the process last week.

Daniels sounding like a total scrub mispronouncing LaVall's name and getting it wrong that Jordan remains the winningest Butler player. Oh well, guess we should be used to the disrespect. Doesn't make me any less ****ing sick of it, though.

15. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Any hints of who will be on the new staff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. noltar

noltar Active Member

Money:
    $470
    DawgsMD likes this.
  17. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $228
    [​IMG]

Rumors are swirling that Hinkle Fieldhouse will be serving poutine next year during home games, a Michigan favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Dawgs4Life likes this.