Wichita St?SLU compared to BU

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by cornette33, Feb 19, 2014.

1. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $976
    I just wanted to get your thoughts on these two programs. Wichita went to the Final four and have had regular season success in the recent past. Obviously, undefeated they have a chance to go back there again. Will you root for them? More importantly they recruit in the Valley. I think if I am correct that they have landed some top 100 players. Will there recent success continue as compared to our ugly season?

SLU has also had regular season success. I believe they graduate four seniors. What do you think they will do going forward.

To me these our two programs that are similar to BU. I just wanted to see if people think they could struggle at all going forward.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Both programs are way ahead of Butler however SLU should fall back to Butler's level next year. Can't imagine Wichita State's academic standards hurting their recruiting as much as Butler or SLU soIwould suspect they will continue to get top recruits that others couldn't admit.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    And Wichita St has Gregg Marshall (for now) and he is one hell of a coach. I met a lot of their fans (they brought a ton) in Atlanta last year during the Final Four. They are damn near giddy about the state of their program. And why shouldn't they be? I remember that feeling.

4. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,115
    And there it is. Can a mid major program survive after losing an elite coach? I think it's much easier to do at the lm/mm level than at hm level where both good coaching and good recruiting are required.

5. cornette33

Money:
    $976
    What do you mean by way ahead of BU? recruiting/ facilities?

6. cornette33

Money:
    $976
    Do you think Marshall would leave there? The conference is terrible. They could win it every yr much like BU won the Horizon and compete every yr.

7. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,115
    I think he'll eventually leave. He's king there right now, but I willing to bet there are challenges (i.e. new jobs) that definitely interest him. Tough to turn down a blue blood if they come knocking.