Willie Veasley Interview - Query & Schultz

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Jul 30, 2019.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $748
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,270
    jkcdawgs, seadawg and MSUDawg like this.
  3. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $117
    I think he would be a nice addition to the staff and probably relate more to the current players than AARP Jeff. Very well spoken too. Always loved watching him play. Prototypical old school Butler dude who was just tough as heck and didn’t really need the spotlight on him. Just went out and played his butt off and competed like crazy.

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    I listened to the interview yesterday afternoon, it brought back a lot of good memories. He talked about how close those teams remain today and are in contact constantly.
    It inspired me to go to You tube and watch the Syracuse game, boy was that team well coached both defensively and offensively. They flat out could guard you and how they
    moved the ball. Good stuff.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    You have no clue how well Jeff Meyer relates to the players. And there’s 3 other coaches 40 and under for them to relate to. LaVall chose Jeff for a reason(s) and I’m pretty certain he knows his age. As to Willie, you’re spot on.

BU_NeonHat, Shimmy, seadawg and 6 others like this.
  6. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $211
    Meyer is clueless. Watch him during timeouts. He stands on the periphery of the huddle and seldom engages with any of the players. This guy checked out a long time ago and is just collecting a paycheck. I think Willie would be a great addition to the staff. It’s time for Meyer to hang out with the old timers at McDonald’s in the morning chit chatting about old reruns of Lawrence Welk. Jeff it’s time to start utilizing your AARP card and racking up the freebies. I think you can use it for free coffee at McDonald’s. Enjoy!

BU Fan in Illinois and dippper61 like this.
  7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    So John Beilein, one of only 6 D1 coaches with 700 or more wins, chose to keep Meyer around for 8 years “just collecting a paycheck”? Someone should have told him what a drag he was on the program.

8. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,293
    Don’t. Feed. The. Trolls. They will keep coming back for more. It’s like the bears in the national parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac, Shimmy, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    The problem -- and this comes up time and time again -- is that many people assume they know more about basketball than professional basketball coaches.

10. NCJon

Money:
    $6,270
    I think I finally have my second candidate for the "ignore" feature after reading the rest of this thread.

BU_NeonHat and godogs91 like this.
  11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,779
    Who was your original? Do we need to guess? I’ll take TFP2020 for $2000, Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUBBALUM, Tentozen, #60 and 1 other person like this.
  12. NCJon

Money:
    $6,270
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  13. Hank Kimball

Money:
    $211
    What happened to Carlos Dangers post? That post was one of the funniest posts that I have ever read on this board. Not only was it funny but it was so true. There are so many geeks on this board that have no life outside of Butler basketball and this board. BUcheer, NCJon, and pjohnsto2003 would rather play one on one basketball in their whitey tighties against a current or former Butler basketball player than spend the night with a Playboy Playmate. Hey guys why not get together and predict who the next three or four star recruit Lavall should go after. Better yet, put a spreadsheet together for the board on scoring and rebounding efficiency for players within the Big East. What a bunch of real winners or should I say Sheldons. Winner, winner chicken dinner.

14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,779
    I wonder why people have a h@rdon for calling me out on this board. I don’t even post that much. Did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Good thing we have your Green Acres and Big Bang Theory references to keep this board cool.

bmradio99, Tentozen and DawgsMD like this.
  16. Hank Kimball

Money:
    $211
    I think they filmed Green Acres in Connersville. Are you any relations to Arnold Ziffel?

CarlosDanger likes this.