Wish some folks would think twice before retweeting, tagging players & coaches

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BUcheer, Jan 9, 2022.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,683
    I know everyone is in a snit right now, but some of the pot stirring over the past few days on social is counter productive, don’t ya think? Players thinking fans are against them, parents sticking up for the players, other fans @ing LaVall with criticisms or worse. Debate/analysis is one thing but maybe they should leave the tags or direct mentions out of it? They say it’s a dog eat dog world, but sheesh.

2. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,670
    I'm not on Twitter, but this is sad to hear.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $293
    I'm not on twitter either, and this is really disappointing if true. I feel like a message board is a glorified online bar, where criticizing, celebrating, arguing, etc is all the point. But actually communicating with the players and coaches is ridiculous. It's not like any of us actually know what we're talking about.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,868
    I am on twitter, and my follow is amazing. I suggest highly you enrich your minds.

But I don't follow nor stalk nor tag anything player/coach related. Hell I don't even follow LJ. Not sure I could stomach it. Twitter to me is an adult world...let the kids go have their fun on insta and snap whatever. I don't mess in that world.

But harassing people on twitter is a little much. I like to clown and poke fun. People that take it that far...need some therapy.

5. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,095
    I'm on twitter, but I am not seeing any of this. Maybe I'm not following the right people. But I agree players should not be tagged on critical posts.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,312
    It’s the world we live in or at least in our country. Hate and anger drives way too many people. Not sure why. But it is what it is.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  7. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $68
    Not on Twitter, but if players are online and leave because of what some overzealous fans are saying, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. You ain't cut out for power conference basketball. That block button does exist

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jkcdawgs likes this.
  8. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Active Member

Money:
    $212
    Just shows you how spoiled we have become as a society. We used to worry about things like growing enough food to feed our families and fighting the Nazis. Now the only thing some of have to concern ourselves with is needlessly insulting young men (who are still children in many ways) on the internet. It's sad, but unfortunately you'll find these types of people everywhere. Butler Basketball is no exception. But we obviously can't control others, just ourselves.

9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,606
    username checks out

dawgs2014 likes this.
  10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,571
    If the fans are “overzealous” doesn’t that imply that the problem is with the fans?

Why should the kids be left to bear the burden of the fans’ problems?

Logic isn’t your strong suit, so please don’t answer. Just wanted to point out how stupid this opinion was.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022 at 4:02 PM
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,449
    Definitely possible I’m missing whatever tweets inspired this thread, but when I searched Lavall’s handle for mentions, the worst thing I saw was a few “fire Lavall” mentions.

Frankly, if you’re a high major coach and you’re terrible back to back years, I’d be a lot more concerned if there *arent* any “fire X” tweets. It’s part of the job. That’s not at all crossing the line. (Not that I’d send that tweet personally, because I’m sure no one feels worse about the current state of affairs than LJ. But that’s just not a big deal.)

Is there something worse?

(And tagging players is different.)

IndyDawgs likes this.
  12. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $392
    I don't see any player slander when I'm looking around, but it's rather disheartening if it is happening on places like twitter and instagram. I know we get disappointed at times with things going on, but things like that is not going to make players play better.

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,571
    Lmao even if it weren’t happening (it is) that doesn’t make it gaslighting.

I request that Bucheer does not share bc I don’t think it’s appropriate.

14. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,111
    Or a “Barbershop”. I cast Willis as Eddie. Can’t always agree, but he makes his point and has some fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,683
    Not going to give the knuckleheads more attention, but trust me it’s out there. Why do you think the BUMBB account put this out today?

Insane Dawg likes this.
  16. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    Wow what an inconvenience to Butler’s high school level social media team to have to post something other than a “Happy Bulldog Birthday”, a losing score, or injury update.

For the record, I’d never be caught dead with a Twitter account, and think you need to be put on a list if you willingly tweet anything at recruits/players. This garbage happens at every single major program around the country. It doesn’t make it right, but it comes with the territory these days, sadly.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  17. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,716
    Got rid of all social media foe this exact reason. Plus I have a three year girl and twin girls on the way.

My dream will to have them not be on social media at all as well.

My only social media is this forum so don’t you all ruin it for me :)

I need somewhere to vent my emotions

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac, shoeevv, 2xDawg and 4 others like this.
  18. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $305
    To give Myles Wilmoth* an opportunity to remind us of what he thinks of AT - in his words, "Top 5, no doubt". Always love the team support of each other, regardless of result.

* Won't link his tweet, feels wrong in a thread like this, but again, love the team supporting each other.

Insane Dawg, tlp63, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  19. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,909
    I figured this tweet from Wilmoth and the one from AT where he said something about haters going to hate or something to that regard. AT has since deleted his twitter, so I can't get the tweet precisely, but it was something along those lines. Obviously, with the Wilmoth top 5 tweet, the team is reading this forum or it's at least getting back to them. For better or worse.

20. ButlerFan89

ButlerFan89 Member

Money:
    $110
    What’s your Twitter handle? Let’s see how transparent you really are.