Worst College BBall Fans

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SameGirl, Mar 2, 2018.

1. SameGirl

SameGirl New Member

Money:
    $13
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    I was thinking that if only the student body was a little more creative, BU could easily be #1.:D

TheOnlyNameLeft and SpartanDawgs like this.
  3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,048
    "A small private school in the Midwest without a major football program has slowly worked its way up the college basketball hierarchy with consistently strong records and NCAA tournament appearances to finally become a member of the Big East. What a feel-good story! The only problem is that it was Xavier’s first."

Here is the writer's argument in a nutshell:
    (1) Butler fans are terrible because Butler went to back-to-back Final Fours but Xavier had been to an Elite Eight first. (Puzzling line of reasoning there.)
    (2) Butler fans are terrible because they talk about how well coached the teams have been (the last 2 real Butler coaches are (a) the best basketball coach in the world (arguably 2nd best, I guess); and (b) a front runner for national coach of the year)

To even bring up Xavier when dismissing Butler's Final Fours makes it pretty obvious one of the writers is from Ohio, went to X, or is an X fan generally.

4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    I'm pretty sure the Thrillist is based out of Cincinnati isn't it?? I could be wrong, but pretty sure the odds are that the writer is either from Cincy, went to Xavier or both

TheOnlyNameLeft and pappyball like this.
  5. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,710
    It sounded to me that he just had a personal grudge against some teams and made a list of the others, just to jab at them... But I can see this one linked at us from X fans for years to come. :rolleyes:

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Man, National Runner-Up again.

Sidd Finch, THicksBH, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    Wait...Jerry Palm has a side gig writing for Thrillist under the assumed name Matt Meltzer?

DawgsMD likes this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    No. It was founded and still run by Ben Lerer, who is a partner at a VC fund run by his dad Ken Lerer called Lerer Hipeau Ventures. We work closely with LHV. They specialize in media... other partner Eric Hippeau was CEO of HuffPost, Jonah Peretti the CEO of BuzzFeed is an advisor, etc.

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Thanks for the info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    It appears there is indeed a Jeffrey J. Zanotti in Cincinnati. I'll bet $100 bucks this guy is not only a Xavier grad but also Ohio State football fan, a group that makes IU basketball fans seem rational and timid.

knobcreekfan likes this.
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    I mean, just reading the blurb about Butler, about 90% of it is basically saying that Butler isn't very good, literally says they lucked into back to back national title games (not sure how do that completely on luck), and then goes onto say that Butler's fans believe their players hustle more and think their teams are well-coached. Do fans of other teams believe their players are a bunch of talented, lazy a-holes who are still great despite how moronic their head coach is?

I'm not going to pretend we don't have our obnoxious fans. Every fanbase does. But this literally looks like it was written by a Xavier fan (which is fine, it's all opinion anyway), and Butler's obnoxiousness is incredibly mild when compared to Kentucky's fans, who were sending death threats to a referee after they lost in the tournament last year to North Carolina.

NCJon, pappyball, noltar and 4 others like this.
  12. noltar

noltar Active Member

Money:
    $286
    Yeah Butler as #2 on this dumb list is laughable compared to the insanity of UK or IU fans.

13. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $664
    Why are we even clicking/discussing/supporting this drivel?

#60 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  14. TheOnlyNameLeft

TheOnlyNameLeft Active Member

Money:
    $246
    Clearly there are X ties with the author(s) but I do agree that Maryland fans are obnoxious. I remember them chanting “You are ugly!” at Purdue’s Haas last year. Also Ravens fans are obnoxious too.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. TheOnlyNameLeft

TheOnlyNameLeft Active Member

Money:
    $246
    The same reason we’re always here... to avoid reality...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops