Would You Rather...

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Mar 31, 2020.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,314
    [My underlining.]

I also think about Shelvin's 3-point shot off the break a minute or so earlier. It, too, was straight on, but a hair too long. Both shots make me shake my head more than the "heave" (using Coach K's vernacular) & wonder should/woulda/coulda.

UDDawg and ButlerNut like this.
  2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,757
    When Avery Jukes missed those two free throws with 12 minutes left, I turned to my brother and said, these free throws are going to haunt us. They weren't the turning point, but man, to have those back!

#60 likes this.
  3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,043
    I think of 2 officiating moments in the 2nd half. Early on, Duke inbounded under their own basket with 1 second on the shot clock. First they were lucky to get a shot off that hit the rim, then the ball was tipped in while barely coming off the rim. I’m not saying it was goal tending, but if it would have been called nobody would have argued.
    Second, Gordon was called for an offensive foul as he laid the ball in, I think around the 4-5 minute mark. On replay Clark Kellogg showed the defender slid underneath him and it should have been an “and one”. But, if those are called differently the end of the game plays out differently, so.......

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon and cornette33 like this.
  4. BUdawgsfan04

BUdawgsfan04 Active Member

Money:
    $246
    I remember those 2 plays well. watching it live I felt it was goal tending and I really do not want to get started with the charge call. Nevertheless, that Butler team was outstanding. (great coaching, 2nba players, great role players and deep bench)