X doing X things

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by BUcheer, Nov 10, 2018.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Goodin just popped an Evansville kid in the head with the ball after a tie up. Flagrant 2 and ejected. Those fellas look a lil frustrated. Of course the X crowd booed their heads off.

2. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    X- 66, Evansville- 65 with 13:00 to go. Reminder: Todd Lickliter and Matthew Graves is on staff at Evansville.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    Walter McCarty (head coach) was an assistant under Stevens with the Celtics

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    Goodin, Jones , Hankins and Marshall are really talented. Defensely X has a long way to go. Head cases still part of the culture

5. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    Multiple technical's, players hitting things on the bench, Jones standing on the baseline telling the crowd how tough he is for 10 seconds after a mediocre and-one. Just some observations, but man, for those wondering if the culture was gonna change at all under Steele, you got your answer right away. They are entertaining to watch I'll give them that. Jones and Goodin both look really good.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  6. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Member

Money:
    $126
    I didn’t realize Evansville had that many Butler connections on their staff. That’s crazy

7. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,063
    BHayden, Tentozen and UDDawg like this.
  8. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,681
    Goodin was offered and heavily recruited by Butler. So he probably is an ok kid. I suspect it’s an issue of values/culture. Put a good person in a bad culture and the culture will win almost every time.

9. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $126
  10. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $3,063
    Oh trust me, I’m not. I love to stir the pot. I love how all of a sudden “thug” is a racist term. I didn’t realize that the education level at X was so terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,182
    Evansville got absolutely blasted at Illinois the other night.

BHayden likes this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Interesting fact: Xavier is currently 64th on Kenpom. Neither Butler nor Xavier has had a ‘Pom rating that low since 2014, when each did.

Evansville is flat out bad this year. This is likely its worst team since the 2013-2014 team. Xavier might figure it out - it’s still super early, and Butler looked crappy the first several weeks last season - but it appears they could be in for a pretty rough year.

13. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $126
    Lets not forget it was a 2 possession game between IUPUI and X last week with under 6 minutes to go in the game.

BHayden likes this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,527
    This ranks up there with the Shaggy, “It wasn’t me” defense:

“(Goodin’s behavior) was just kind of a reaction. He didn’t really mean to do it,” Scruggs said.

15. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,078
    Is that even worse, if your natural reaction is to hit someone in the head with the ball?

BHayden likes this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    X has the talent. Jones is a beast. Scruggs and Goodwin are very talented. Marshall has the potential to play at an entirely different level. The Ferris State boy may be a match up problem for most. Yes X has already been tested but much of that is their defense which is poor. I wouldn't sleep on them.

However the on floor attitude seems to not have changed from Mack and last year.

BHayden likes this.
  17. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,468
    You didn't mean it that way, but "thug" in the modern sense absolutely is understood as coded language. The Xavier fan's retort was almost assuredly more concerned with "sticking it to a Butler fan" than "championing racial equity," but still. There are plenty of other ways to remind Xavier fans about their program's terrible culture (documented every time they hit the floor or their fans travel) or US News & World Report ranking (#8, behind Evansville).

Reading through a few game recaps, pretty much every one of them (including all-time X homer Shannon Russell) point to the fact that he very obviously lost his cool and threw the ball directly at an opponent's head, except for our friends at the Cincinnati Enquirer, who said (emphasis mine): "Goodin was called for an offensive foul and instead of handing the ball to the referee, it looked like Goodin pushed the ball into the side of a defender's head." o_O

ButlerHomer, fdr and #60 like this.
  18. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $3,063
    I'm too old, get off of my lawn. Coded language? Jesus, what's next? I realize that we now find ourselves in a racially incited time given the current surrounding political storm, but jeez, it's a word in the dictionary. I don't have to time to research all the hidden meanings. Meanwhile, I'll be sure to trigger them in a couple of months...speaking of, ****, this UDM game snuck up on me...off to the Goalie cave for LAL.

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Everything is racist to someone it seems. Even broccoli I guess.

20. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Happy birthday to Butler alum Travis Steele. My personal gift to Travis comes in the form of the ancient and powerful discipline of Japanese poetry known as Haiku:

Your program is trash
    Misdemeanors are frequent
    Scruggs has Strahan gap