Xavier (11-4, 4-4) vs Butler (7-12, 6-10), Sunday, 2/21, 7:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 18, 2021.

1. bwesson15

bwesson15 Well-Known Member

Bryce looked good at the rim besides that put back which was point blank, but was 1-6 on 5ft hook shots. Then the freshman alone was 3-20 from 3 like man that's bad.... And overall they was 7-35 just gonna be hard to win with them shooting like that only player at 50% was Bolden and he had a crucial turnover.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    Hahhhaa this actually made me laugh really hard

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BigHoss likes this.
  3. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $369
    Next time we beat X, we need to absolutely flood their Twitter replies. I will say though, there’s some pretty clever and funny content in Butler’s “Final score” tweet

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    Very unlikable fan base as a whole.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  5. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $543
    Love the Freemantle hate! He’s only a sophomore folks you’ll be seeing plenty more of him.

could he reach macura level status here?

2xDawg likes this.
  6. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    I can’t believe people are upset about how we played tonight. We likely had 5 of our best 6 players out.

We played really hard, played loose and let it rip.

If we had won this it would have been the most improbable win in over ten years.

shoeevv, BoyGeoff, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    Gah, I feel sorry for Matthew Graves having to put up with some of those characters. When the Wilcher kid was doing that ridiculous zip em up stunt at Hinkle, Matthew was close to busting him down a peg.

8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    Who's Macura? Morrissey maybe?

Sure there will be a number of players we'll see that are better than Butler's. We complain about a lot of things that don't matter.

9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,617
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm pretty happy with how the game went tonight.

We literally didn't have our three best scorers AND defenders. The pups played with fight and you can't be upset about that. I really think we couldn't hit a shot down the stretch because they had just run out of gas. It's hard to play 7 deep in the Big East, especially at the tempo they were playing.

Yeah, we suck this year, but I think we win that game with AT, Hodges, and Nze.

The only thing I'm legitimately mad about and never was up until this time is our strength and conditioning. I always just said it was bad luck, etc. But you're telling me that CD, Markeese, Scooby, Nze, AT, Coles, and Hodges are just inherently fragile? I legitimately think if we had Hodges all season and AT didn't miss a game then we'd be dancing in March. Not to mention what we would look like if Scooby, Coles, and CD hadn't all torn their ****.

Edit: My wallet is also mad that we didn't lose the spread on the first half.

BoyGeoff, Tentozen, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  10. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    I'm only 5 minutes into the game. But Freemantle has more travels than lay ups. They just haven't been called.

Meanwhile, Golden has two travels for half as many steps.

While the shots look horrible (2 airball 3's), the defensive energy is refreshing.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    Last game, Dawgs were first down 10 points at 20-10. This game, Dawgs couldn't wait, falling behind by 10 at 16-6. This is hard to watch

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

WestLoopDog likes this.
  12. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    I was thrilled with tonight tbh

shoeevv, BoyGeoff and 2xDawg like this.
  13. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Member

Money:
    $92
    I actually was impressed with how the Bulldogs played being so shorthanded.

Just ran out of gas and couldn't hit enough buckets down the stretch as they went ice colder.

I thought the ball moved a lot better offensively than we've seen recently--even if they didn't hit the shots. Rebounding was huge overall.

Energy, effort, competitiveness and an extra chip were all there.

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    I’m not gonna say I’m mad or disappointed or surprised about tonight, because we were extremely short handed, so, whatever. But I’m certainly not happy about it. Xavier is a fringe top 50 team, and they shot 2-19 from 3 and butler still lost by 12. Xavier was flat out terrible (Steele has no idea what he’s doing on the Xs and Os front - there’s not a worse Xs and Os coach in the BE), and butler was still more terrible (again, given the personnel available, it’s fine and expected and understandable, but I can’t see how we can take the game as a positive).

willisbrown, UDDawg, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,477
    The JMM Ft's. I gather he missed them. Was he even close? The TV cut out cause of the snow.

16. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $543

we’re not classy like y’all what can I say?

17. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $701
    Looked like he tried to bank in the 1st one and failed miserably. 2nd was just just off

cornette33 likes this.
  18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    Butler's offense is the worst it's been since the 11-12 season. The defensive futility is only surpassed by the 18-19 team unless you go back to the Lickliter years. The difference IMO is those teams actually had foundations to build off of for the following season, and with the 11-12 team they were getting 2 stud shooters the following year (Clarke and Dunham). This team will be older, so they should be better, but it's not as if they are bringing in a solution to their problems, which are numerous.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    Did you really come here to argue that *not* doing all that kinda sh*t makes us pompous snobs?

Neat.

Tentozen and bmradio99 like this.
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,968
    Did I mention I hate Xavier? Their fans are like OSU football fans that don’t have anything better to do during the winter.