Xavier Musketeers (10-2, 3-2) at Butler Bulldogs (5-8, 4-6), Saturday, 1/30, 5:30 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 28, 2021.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,286
    Another attempt at a Friday night game.

Butler had an impressive couple games before the last Friday game was postponed against Seton Hall. Then laid another egg against UConn on Tuesday.

X hasn't played a game since January 10 when they needed a huge comeback to beat Providence.

I'm hoping the 19 days between games will have X rusty instead of hungry. Either way, let's put the water fountains on lockdown and make sure the clock shaves 2.9 seconds against X somewhere!

GoDawgs

EDIT:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,538
    It's already been moved to Saturday. 530pm. Which sucks because I like friday night games.

troggy and ButlerNut like this.
  3. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,286
    Thanks Willis, I have fixed it now.

4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,268
    Well that sucks. I just promised my GF I would spend Saturday with her. Oof.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,538
    Could be worse dude. My GF's parents are in town and I had a Butler Get Out Of Jail free card to play to avoid the old man and dinner. Word is out and I just got the call that "since there is no Butler game, you can go have dinner with us, right?"

Good times. They're oppo of my parents who like smaller, non chain places and looooooove to rip through wine. These dudes are addicted to red lobster and O'Charley's type places. Also refuse to take a drink...snub their noses at someone who does. Sigh.

troggy, Hinkle and 2xDawg like this.
  6. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,748
    Wow. I bet their noses are permanently bent being with you!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan, troggy and willisbrown like this.
  7. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,286
    So, make several bathroom trips and order a shot on your way to the bathroom and slam it on the way back!

But damn...chains are horrible. Make them compromise...

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,538
    Well the game is in Sandy Springs and I am in Roswell (one town up) and they have to pass through me to get to where she lives which is chain city. Every damn chain you can think of...my area is more smaller type places other than the fast food options. The only thing chain near me honestly is Hooters...and I'm guessing that dude ain't going there. Heh.

Plus it is a friday. As soon as my call is over with my originators my punk ass will be starting the weekend. I should be good and slick by the time I have to meet them.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  9. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $966
    Excellent start to a game thread.

10. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $256
    X declined to play us on Friday, this calls for one of my favorite line deliveries in the history of cinema...modified for context.

"What's this day of rest ****? What's this bullshit? I don't ****in' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the ****s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have ****ed you in the ass Friday. I **** you in the ass Saturday instead. Wooo! You got a date Saturday, baby!

jeff and bmradio99 like this.
  11. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,518
    Lmaooo. O’Charleys has some pretty good fried cheese and bread if I remember correctly, but the idea of just LOVING it is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,538
    O'Charley's isn't half bad I just don't do chains unless I have to. They're from the country. Like their town has about 1000 people. So, the big bad "city" chains are a big deal. Sigh. But...sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Their rolls are pretty incredible though.

cornette33 likes this.
  13. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,635
    I affectionately refer to it as Up-Chuckie’s. Enough said.

willisbrown likes this.
  14. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,012
    Agree with you about the incredible rolls at O’Charley’s Willis.

15. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $140
    Xavier declined for good reason. They are coming off a pause and Butler played a game with a ref that tested positive for Covid. Butler gets another round of tests back tomorrow morning and if they are clear the game will be played.

troggy likes this.
  16. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $256
    Thanks Fun Police, how long have you been on the force?

17. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $140
    Nobody mess with the CMG....Love that movie.

CMG and 2xDawg like this.
  18. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $79
    Is it known the impact the most recent pause had on Xavier? Do we know how many players, if they were practicing in some form (impact to endurance), were any impact players impacted (like Nze losing 15 lbs) during our quarantine? I'm assuming this type of info hasn't been shared, but helpful info in my mental prep for tomorrow's game.

19. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $966
    Let's just hope that they're able to play the game tomorrow. Butler has already had three home games postponed.

20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,890