Xavier Musketeers (10-2, 3-2) at Butler Bulldogs (5-8, 4-6), Saturday, 1/30, 5:30 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 28, 2021.

1. bwesson15

bwesson15 Well-Known Member

I know Bryce has been hurt and recovering from covid and I defend him probably more than anyone, but some of the layups he's been missing makes you scratch your head especially the put backs when no one is around him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. bwesson15

bwesson15 Well-Known Member

Also random but he's 6-14 from 3 on the road which is 42% he's 0-14 at home. So why can't he make a shot in Hinkle when they practice in that gym everyday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,262
    At 21%, the question is why does he continue to shoot 3s?

4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,938
    That is an odd stat, but 5 of those came in one game that you can probably throw out. He's definitely having a rough year. I hope it comes together for him soon.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,262
    The last thing I want to do is call out individual players, but accepting his role would go long way to ensure him being successful. Long distance marksman should never be his role. If LJ wants that to continue, he is mistaken. IMHO

BoyGeoff and NCJon like this.
  6. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $931
    Bolden, Harris, Tate, Wilmoth? should have green light until coach reigns it in based on game performance. We have slim pickin's in this category.
    Nze, David, Golden, Hodges wide open looks game to game call. After two misses, unless you're a shooter (see above green light)
    All bets are off under 5 seconds. Get the best look you can or get fouled.

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,890
    If we are going to continue to recruit under-sized bigs, then we need to force them to watch Andrew Chrabascz film on a loop. I miss his arsenal of spin moves and post moves - they definitely made up for his lack of height.

8. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $633
    This is honestly what I thought we were getting with Golden, even after seeing his Freshman and Sophomore seasons. I just don't think he ever really improved to reach his potential.

9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,806
    Going back to the offseason, you can see that the program thought Golden was going to have a blow out year. There are tons of stuff with him game that have pissed me off all year, but I also don't think he's ever been 100% and that's hampered his game.

bwesson15, BulldogsFTW and bmradio99 like this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,925
    I think against X he was just hoping the magic might continue from 3. And at least keep his defender honest. He figured out the magic was gone and stopped hunting it.

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    Are we just gonna be connected to a new COVID pause every week now?

12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,285
    Butler's new headline:

Play Us: Pause right after us.