YouTubeTV Replacement

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by ButlerGoalie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,484
    Alright, just when things were going smoothly, YouTubeTV is the latest streamer to try and stand up to Sinclair.

So, now that I need Fox Sports to watch Butler and Preds hockey, what streaming solution do you all recommend. Need live, local channels and Fox Sports locals for again Butler and Preds hockey.

And, go!

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,798
    I have zero issues with CLTV. https://www.cltvnow.com/ I think it's closed for new people but they do take friends and family referrals, PM if you are anyone want. I get every sport channel and PPV, only thing you need is a high speed internet 200mbps or more

It already added Marquee, was watching the Spring Training game the other day looks good.

3. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $756
    So Sinclair owns the regional FOX sports Nets...thus I now see the issue. Its not the local Sinclair owned stations...but an issue between Google owners of YOUTUBETV, and FOX regional Nets owned by Sinclair. Gotta hope the rest of Butler's games are going to be on FOX's FS1 or FS2. That will affect us youtubetv subscribers in Ohio who like to watch the Blue Jackets, Reds, and Indians. Not a big deal for me. My guess it will be resolve eventually. Thanks for alerting us.

4. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,098
    DePaul and Xavier games are on FS1, and the St John's game is on CBSSN.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff and iluvsnow like this.
  5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $661
    This is an annoying development since I have been super happy with YTTV for the last year. Maybe its time to start looking into some of the cheaper, reliable, less than 100% legal IPTV options.

6. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,484
    Huh. Just assumed FS1 and FS2 would also be affected. Still need to figure out a Preds solution but might be able to get a center ice last month special and use my work VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    Sinclair just bought the regional networks as they try to build up a conservative tv network - they'll eventually move to combine the regionals into a news network to compete with Fox News. Disney bought them as a package with 21st Century Fox, and had to dump them due to FCC monopoly rules. It's not completely out of touch to say that when the current administration ends, Sinclair will likely be the catalyst of the tabled so-called Trump Network. It was actually rumored that Disney was looking for anyone to buy the networks other than Sinclair, but they kept matching new numbers.

FS1, FS2, Fox Soccer are all still under the Fox banner. That's why you see Fox News ads so much.

Not a political post, just telling the facts.

NCJon, ButlerGoalie and iluvsnow like this.
  8. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,484
    Thanks for the insight. I knew about the Disney/Fox merger naturally from the day job, but didn't realize that FS1 and 2 are different beasts. With no more Butler games on the Sinclair ****, I don't have to worry much until Fall. I can get my Preds needs filled elsewhere.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.