Zeb Jackson - 2020 Point Guard (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, May 3, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,032
    Zeb Jackson
    2020 Point Guard - 6'2" 160 lbs
    Maumee High School - Maumee, Ohio
    C2K Elite

[​IMG]

247 Sports Profile

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Starting my day watching C2K 2020 against Meanstreets. G3 Grind and Iowa Barnstormers of the same class going on immediately beside me. A C2K coach told me Zeb Jackson is getting interest from Butler. 6’3” guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    I didnt see much from Zeb Jackson in the first half. He’s got extremely good length for the PG position. He's extremely long, kind of similar to Baldwin. His handles are a little bit loose but he is extremely quick with them. He’s had a few crossovers than nearly tripped defenders up, although he didn’t end up going anywhere with it. Only took 1 shot and missed it.

Meanstreets looks twice as talented as C2K but C2K is playing very good team basketball and is up by 3 at half.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,198
    Corey Evans thinks we'll have some stiff competition for Zeb Jackson

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    He will no doubt have a lot more offers soon. He probably finished with close to 20 points. He dominated in the 2nd half. I would absolutely be ok if Butler extended an offer early there.

Steward was pretty good, and absolutely looked like a high major player. I didn’t see the hype of a Top 50 guy though. I liked Jackson better. I even liked Beard better for Meanstreets. As I said though, all 4 of those Meanstreet guard are solid.

C2K ended up winning by about 15. Matt Allocco and Jaret Griffith were a few other guards that stood out for them. Neither are near the level of Jackson though. VonCameron Davis was good too. Probably not high major level but worth mentioning.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Saunders has his fingers taped up and hasn’t played much. He just got back and immediately blew by Jackson and got his big man a trip to the line. Jackson just returned the favor to get himself to the line. Jackson reminds me a lot of Eric Hunter. Maybe that’s why I like him so much, as I really wanted Hunter. He’s got a lightning quick crossover than Hunter doesn’t have, and he’s broken it out a few more times here. He’s missed his jump shots in this one though.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Zeb Jackson is doing a terrific job of getting solid looks for both himself and teammates. He just slices into the lane anytime he wants. Right now he is shooting poorly though. I think I like him a little better than Ivey based on this game alone, but it’s tough. Jackson appears to be the better defender. He slides his feet better and is more willing to fight through screens. I still really, really like Ivey though.

Jackson just buried a 3 and then blew by his man and finished over the top of 2 help defenders as I was typing that. Ivey buried a 3 and picked up an assist on a laser sharp pass. Jackson blow by to the rim again. Wow this is a fun game. Ivey got by Jackson now and picked up another assist.

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    I just copied over some posts about Jackson into this thread from what I saw at Run N Slam.

Overall I absolutely love him. The more I saw him the more convinced I became that he's the type of guard that should be a primary target for Butler in the 2020 class. He's a true combo guard that I'd predict will end up being a 4 star. I think he can crack the top 50. He's got the length to defend off the ball and the lateral quickness to defend point guards. Jackson has a lightning quick crossover that he uses frequently to get anywhere on the court he wants. He was one of the best defensive guards I saw in his class, and his offense is just as good as his defense. He didn't shoot the ball particularly well from the perimeter, but his shot looked smooth, so I suspect that was a fluke. Looks like he is shooting 39% from 3 in the Under Armour association, which supports my thought that he normally knocks down a lot of the shots he was missing this weekend.

He's going to have a flood of offers coming in over the next 3 months. I really hope Butler is one of them. He's ridiculously talented and also feels like a good fit.

Hanover dawg likes this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    In case you didn’t believe me hyping him, he just got an Ohio State offer.

10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,523
    OSU staff reading your reports, Jared. Might have to make the recruiting stuff a pay board:)

shoeevv likes this.
  11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,462
    And anyone signing up with an @osu.edu email gets charged $50k per month.

bumba, DawgsMD, BUcheer and 2 others like this.
  12. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $342
    Well, yeah. Since OSU has such massive resources to pay anything they want for whatever they want, let them pony up!

FRENCH DAWG and PSUButlerFan like this.
  13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,198
    Illinois offer

14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Just picked up a Xavier offer during his campus visit today. Will also be on an unofficial with Butler today.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    mwall787 and BHayden like this.
  15. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $93
  16. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Butler has offered.

cornette33 likes this.
  17. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $190
    How tall is Lavall? Zeb looks to have him beat.

18. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $448
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,714

20. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    No surprise, given he is one of the few 2020 players who holds and offer, but I did confirm that Coach Jordan called Zeb today.

BHayden and Daddysmack like this.