Mar 18, 2024 at 9:22 PM
Money:
$1,587
Freelance Illustrator, Instructor

Well-Known Member, Male, from Los Angeles, CA

VIP Member
#60 was last seen:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:22 PM
    1. There are no messages on #60's profile yet.
  • About

Freelance Illustrator, Instructor
    ** I'm Robert Roach & I freelance as an illustrator, 'board artist & comic artist--working manually & digitally. I'm also the inaugural winner of the Glyph Awards for excellence in independent publishing, my work receiving glowing reviews from pros & fans.
    I've worked professionally since 1992 on numerous films, videos, animated projects & TV commercials. I also teach storyboarding, quick sketch techniques, perspective & other subjects at L.A.’s Otis College of Art & Design. And I'm fluent in Japanese.
    In regard to his comics, my 2 principal creative commodities, "Menthu" & "The Roach," have earned both critical & popular acclaim. Concerning "The Roach"—an iconoclastic retelling of Prohibition era hoodlums vs. detective stories, with an enigmatic anti-hero—a detective/assassin known only as The Roach, at the action’s center. This is the project for which I received the inaugural Glyph “Rising Star” award. The Glyph Awards recognize the best in comics made by, for, and about people of color from the preceding calendar year.
    "Menthu," a present-day story based on Egyptian mythology this set in LA, received a 3.5 out of 4 Stars Review from Comic Buyer's Guide magazine, a major industry periodical.
    Aside from my Midwestern hometown, I've made my residence in Indianapolis, San Francisco, Osaka & Los Angeles.

Sports, Music, History, Social & Political Sciences, International Affairs, Japanese Language & Cult

Interact

Content: