Sticky game threads - procedural question

Discussion in 'Feedback/Bugs/Questions' started by bmradio99, Jan 3, 2017.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,650
    Hey Jared - thank you again for all your work on the site.

One user experience quirk that's been bugging me lately is regarding the use of the "sticky" function for game threads.

While the desktop/web version of the site does a great job of placing stickies at the top of the list without any unnecessary fanfare other than the thumbtack icon, on the Butler Hoops app (screenshot below), it requires an extra tap into the "Stickies" pane - thus making it one step more complicated to find in the list.
    [​IMG]
    As the thread titles are bold, more attention is drawn to the "McDermott's Mom" thread than the Stickies pane - even though it's at the top. And the PC game thread is the first one I see, not the one for the 'Nova game, even though that's what's the hot topic right now.

A quick fix is to just stop using stickies for current game threads. I can't recall a time that a relevant game thread wouldn't have been in the top three posts on desktop, even without one. But perhaps a longer-term fix (and one I'm not sure is possible with Tapatalk) is to have the app more closely mirror the UX of the desktop site and place sticky threads at the top of the list and not in a separate screen.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I the only one? If it's just me, no worries. :)

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,211
    The reason for it is because it puts it above the advertisement for guests. You are probably always logged in, so you don't even realize it is there, but for anyone viewing the site as a guest there is an advertisement below the stickies. I've never thought about it being more of a hassle on tapatalk. I usually use the timeline tab so it's never bothered me. I'll remove the stickies though for now and research to see if I can fix this on tapatalk. If guests don't like the advertisement look they can take 20 seconds to register and then it won't be a problem anymore.

3. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,650
    Ah, didn't know it changed for guests. That's good reasoning. Thanks for exploring this!